me and my band are using audacity to record, but I KNOW theres better programs out there. does anyone have suggestions for me??? and why they use a certain program???
cool edit pro, it has a trial period, but that can be overcome.
Quote by Dillona
I think I want to have sex with you.

On topic: No, I haven't met any famous artists.

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster
yeah we're all dead now. Turns out we've been in hell all along.

About the LHC

I don't know why everyone wants a "better" program than audacity, the people asking for alternatives to it most likely don't even know how to use the programs properly. You can make great recordings on Audacity if you just know what you're doing. If you do something like download pro tools and you don't know anything about recording it will sound the exact same as if you had recorded on audacity.
Quote by altgrunge
I don't know why everyone wants a "better" program than audacity, the people asking for alternatives to it most likely don't even know how to use the programs properly. You can make great recordings on Audacity if you just know what you're doing. If you do something like download pro tools and you don't know anything about recording it will sound the exact same as if you had recorded on audacity.

eerm i beg to differ.... audacity has fuck all quality IMO. it just makes everything sound like you were playing in the sand with all that grit in the recording.
Quote by Dillona

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster

About the LHC

Quote by altgrunge

Obviously, they want to look cool with their new sunglasses.
Quote by lexaah
eerm i beg to differ.... audacity has fuck all quality IMO. it just makes everything sound like you were playing in the sand with all that grit in the recording.

And I beg to differ with you - Audacity doesn't ruin your audio, your gear might though.

Basically, I agree with altgrunge. Tons of people come here asking the same question, so people advise them to download Reaper. Then you get people coming here saying, "ok, so I downloaded Reaper and have no idea how to get it working".

But anyway, Reaper can be downloaded free, and there is a sticky on this, so why don't you check it?
There is poetry in despair.
Quote by lexaah

That has to the be the least intelligent reply so far this year to any message.

It's called GIGO...Garbage In, Garbage Out. I get the exact same sounds recording in Audacity that I do with Cubase. If you are getting noise in the recording, it's somewhere in your recording chain, not with the software

Tony
well eerm, seeing as my amp has a recording out, i assume it might have some reasonable quality.... and my guitar might be a piece of crap but it doesnt make a gritty sound.

Quote by TSMusic

It's called GIGO...Garbage In, Garbage Out. I get the exact same sounds recording in Audacity that I do with Cubase. If you are getting noise in the recording, it's somewhere in your recording chain, not with the software

Tony

i r t3h pwn3d
Quote by Dillona

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster

About the LHC

Quote by TSMusic
Tony

Close, though I anticipate the pit will beat us soundly.

That being said, look at the list of DAWs, check out reviews from good sources like Electronic Musician and Mix Online, talk to fellow musicians and radio people, and see if you can use it by downloading trial software if possible.
Quote by hamsy_is_tall
me and my band are using audacity to record, but I KNOW theres better programs out there. does anyone have suggestions for me??? and why they use a certain program???

Better you can use FlexiMusic Audio Editor for recording, it's having advanced recording options. It seems to be more easier than Audacity.