Could I get a good Petrucci like tone with a Peavey JSX 212 and a Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR? I'm a big Dream Theater fanatic, and a big tone chaser. Does anybody have soundclips of the amp?
And with the Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR, Would it suit Dream Theater, Vai, or Satch? I was thinkning that if I got the Schecter, I would put a Dimarzio Air Norton in the neck, and a Steve's Special or D-Sonic in the bridge. I"m not really a fan of EMG's (Especially actives). What do you think?
I thought you were a nutcase up until it read that you were switching the pickups cause you didn't like EMG's. Now I like you

The Schecter will be great for that style of playing, but I don't have any experience with the JSX. But like most players, if you study John's vibrato and picking style (that is, all those subtle harmonics and odd flicks and general attack), then you could get away with pretty much any gear.
The JSX (at least the model I have) doesn't have reverb. i'm still trying to find a decent reverb pedal. Just thought I'd let you know. But I love my JSX.
Lefty ESP H201/Lefty Fender Jaguar --> Digitech Whammy --> Crybaby 535q --> Boss tremolo --> Boss Flanger --> Modded Boss DS1 --> DOD Envelope Filter --> Ibanez Delay --> Orange Tiny Terror/Peavey JSX --> Marshall 1960A cab
If you want dream theater tones why dont you just buy a used mesa? the jsx combos almost $1600, you could get a used head and cab or a rectoverb or mark iv combo for that and have way better tone. btw hellraisers are great, i dont have the fr but i love the neck feel and large frets, i prefer the emgs, but either way it should sound good.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey XXX 60 watt combo
Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer

Quote by Twist of fate
You're not racist, only black people are.

Quote by clincher09
Ah yes, you have a condition that many guys live with and are affected by everyday. It's called a penis.
I agree, buy a used Mark IV. You can get a tone almost spot on to his without effort on them and it wouldn't cost much more (if any) than the JSX would.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I don't why, but I just prefer to get something brand new/right out of the box. I really liked how the JSX sounded, so I ordered it yesterday. In the near future I will probally save up for a mesa roadking or mark IV.
you can do it
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Well you could definitely get a Satch tone from the JSX considering it's HIS amp and he uses one himself...you might need his pedals and **** if you wanna replicate it.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
I actually ordered the JSX before i made this thread, and it just arrived on 28th of February. THIS AMP IS AWESOME!!! I played it from 3 to 12. It's almost exactly what I was looking for! Thanks for all of your input.
Quote by el elegido uno
If I change the pickups in the Schecter, will I still be able to coil-tap???

It depends on the wiring you do. If you get two pups with four wires and hook it up exactly like it is now except with the new pups, yes you can still coil tap.
Coil split, yes, it's just how it's wired. Coil tap is different.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com