I'll change this thread to suit some sort of megathread in the hope that it might get stickied and we'll be free of all the random pickup threads.

EDIT: If a mod sees this, could you change the thread title to "Pickup Advice Megathread"?

I'm buying a new RG with DiMarzio Evolutions in bridge and neck position, but I don't really know what I should put in the middle slot. Is there a pickup that would work better than others with the Evolutions or should I just pick what I like the most?
Last edited by Boz0r at Feb 27, 2008,
Hot rails maybe? Or perhaps a Lace sensor.

And I agree.. somebody should make a stickied thread about pickups.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Are those Lace Sensors as good as they say on the Lace site? I've never tried them, but from what they say, they're awesome.
Quote by Boz0r
I'll change this thread to suit some sort of megathread in the hope that it might get stickied and we'll be free of all the random pickup threads.

EDIT: If a mod sees this, could you change the thread title to "Pickup Advice Megathread"?

Look at the care and effort put into the stickied threads:

The ULTIMATE TUTORIAL THREAD (READ FIRST BEFORE POSTING)

The ULTIMATE painting/refinishing thread

The OP of this thread doesn't even come close.
Hell, you didn't even have the foresight to give the thread the name you now want.
Now, you want a Mod to fix that for you?

Threads are stickied for a reason. They are great resources.
The OP alone serves great function to the users reading them.
This thread has none of that.
There are threads with far better OPs than this one that still "float".

the ULTIMATE killswitch thread

The Ultimate Pedal Building Thread

The Wah Modding Thread! Crybaby+Vox (Though we may have mods for others too)

Yet you think this dookie should be stickied? Ego much?

Don't get me wrong.
I heartily agree that a well made pickup thread would be a great addition to GB&C.
But this one won't cut it.
If you're serious about wanting to do a core thread, do it right.
Something like this, from GG&A might serve as a guide for you, in how to construct your OP:

Everything you ever wanted to know about TUBES!

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
It's not because I have a big ego, I just thought that a bad pickup thread would be better than no thread at all. I just wanted a single thread for pickup discussion, so if anyone has the time and the knowledge to make a fancy thread, I'll be happy.
well done someoneyouknew, good advice as usual .
TS do what he said!

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Are you sure? I haven't been able to find it. Seems to me like they only put them on the JEMs and don't really sell them individually.
I can't seem to find the Evolution mid pickups anywhere. I live in Denmark, so it's a problem to get used stuff from anywhere. Are there any of the other DiMarzio pickups that would fit well with the evos?
Regarding the pickup thread - it's been tried many times and failed miserably. Tone is subject to SO many factors, it's impossible trying to make a thread that says what is good and bad.
Apart from the Dimebucker, of course
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."