hi,
I'm going to buy a 30w solid state amp but not sure about the model. I'll only use the clean channel so which 30w amp's clean channel is better? I mostly play blues and 70s rock.
Quote by underdog43
hi,
I'm going to buy a 30w solid state amp but not sure about the model. I'll only use the clean channel so which 30w amp's clean channel is better? I mostly play blues and 70s rock.

If that's what you play then you ideally want a tube amp - any particular reason why you specified SS, I know it's not going to be sound btw.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
i would suggest looking at the fender blues jr........you definately dont want SS.......if you have enough money get the blues deluxe, i have that and its the best clean tone you're going to find. keep in mind that tube amps are A LOT more powerful, even at lower wattage.
because I live in turkey and tube amps costs too much here. blues jr. is awesome but it's 1.500 ytl here which means you can almost buy 3 of them in usa
Last edited by underdog43 at Feb 27, 2008,
It might be worth looking on thomann - you'd have to check with regards to any local taxes but it still might be cost effective.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_ga15.htm
http://www.thomann.de/gb/blackheart_handsome_devil_combo_bh15_112.htm
http://www.thomann.de/gb/laney_lc15_gitarrencombo.htm

300 euros is about 500 TL, shipping would be 30 euros so another 50 lire - even if you get stung for 20% tax (turkish VAT is 18% right?) that would be another 100 lire so 650 in total....is that way over budget?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Last edited by steven seagull at Feb 27, 2008,
Try out those Peavey 30 watt amps, they work pretty good for just practicing. I also have a Marshall 30 watt solid state amp that I love. Great for practicing. Over in the states they both run a couple hundred dollars.
no, 650 is not bad but I never heard of those brands before except laney. thanks.

edit: oh, if I buy it from outside, I also have to pay customs duty and it's not a small amount of money.

That's why I have to buy a ss amp.
Quote by MojoMatt
Try out those Peavey 30 watt amps, they work pretty good for just practicing. I also have a Marshall 30 watt solid state amp that I love. Great for practicing. Over in the states they both run a couple hundred dollars.

meeh, they don't sell peavey s here.
Quote by underdog43
meeh, they don't sell peavey s here.

Steve already suggested buying online.
Quote by underdog43
no, 650 is not bad but I never heard of those brands before except laney. thanks.

edit: oh, if I buy it from outside, I also have to pay customs duty and it's not a small amount of money.

That's why I have to buy a ss amp.

Turkish import duty on electrical goods is about 17% i believe, that means a total surcharge of about 35% for customs and VAT so a 500 lire amp would be about 700 including shipping from Thomann.

What's your total budget for an amp?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

steven_seagull knows all!
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
well....technically google knows all
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by steven seagull
Turkish import duty on electrical goods is about 17% i believe, that means a total surcharge of about 35% for customs and VAT so a 500 lire amp would be about 700 including shipping from Thomann.

What's your total budget for an amp?

no, import duty depends on the person who opens the package
Say, you got any relatives working at the customs office?
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.