since no ones replying in the gear and accessories forum...
i own a strat and i have an extremely crappy amp it only has volume bass treble and an overdrive button. i want to get the most out of my strat but with this amp it sounds like any other guitar. but i wrote a song for my band and it involves a quick change from palying clean to playing distorted. so i want to know if i should get a new amp or a chorus/distortion pedal first.
my budget is between 150-200 (the guitar store in my town is going out of business, everything is really cheap i got my strat there for 170) and it doesnt matter what brand of pedal or amp as long as you can get the sound close to a marshall
My Gear:
Squier Stratocaster
Line 6 Spider III 75w
Line 6 FBV Express

Wanted Gear:
Gibson Les Paul
Gibson ES335
Marshall JVM410H
Marshall JCM800
Dunlop Crybaby
Couldn't you just get an amp with a channel selector pedal?
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Couldn't you just get an amp with a channel selector pedal?

I agree. But if this is over budget, then you can get pedals really cheap that'll do the job - like a boss DS1.
Member of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Last.fm
buy an amp with a footswitch. since everything is so cheap you might be able to get a good deal.
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)