so i need a new amp, i currently have a marshall Mg30dfx (throws up) and need a proper amp now as the mg just doesnt cut it..atall. I want a tube amp and have been looking into them for awhile now but arent sure what would be best for me.

I want quite a versatile amp but i mainly play rage agianst the machine, muse, foo fighters and qotsa type stuff, mostly rage. I play with my band alot and at home, we have a few gigs comeing up so it would have to be loud enough for gigage. My budget is about £600 but i can stretch it abit.

ive been looking at the valveking combo's but ive seen alot of people say they need a speaker and tube change to sound good. Anyway, any suggestions?
Line 6 Spider III's.
Vox.
Peavey.
Jackson King V KVX10
Line 6 Spider III 75 W.
Peavey 5150/6505 Combo to be owned at the end of 2010.
Check out the Fender Hot Rod (or even the slightly more expensive DeVille). They have a wonderfully warm yet powerfull sound, they're great for anything from blues to metal (as long as it's not deathcore or anything), they can get extremely loud (in fact i'd recommend you to check if it's not too loud for practicing purposes as most tube amps sound bad if you don't crank up the volume) and they're not THAT expensive I think. There's one thing though: you have to dig the gain channel since it sounds and reacts quite different than your average Marshall

/] 三方 [\
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Peavey Valveking should be able to give you just about any tone you want! Although if you can stretch to it a Vox is an awesome choice!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihavnofingrprnt
well there are only three true people alive today who are actually possesed by satan

Dakota Fanning, the kfc general dude, and my neighbor and all of them dont have much musical ability
Quote by shwilly
Check out the Fender Hot Rod (or even the slightly more expensive DeVille). They have a wonderfully warm yet powerfull sound, they're great for anything from blues to metal (as long as it's not deathcore or anything), they can get extremely loud (in fact i'd recommend you to check if it's not too loud for practicing purposes as most tube amps sound bad if you don't crank up the volume) and they're not THAT expensive I think. There's one thing though: you have to dig the gain channel since it sounds and reacts quite different than your average Marshall

The Hot Rods cleans are amazing, and they sound godly with a strat plugged unto them...but the drive channel is pedestrian and the "more drive" option is dog awful.

Step 1: Save up a bit more
Step 2: Buy Orange Rocker 30
Step 3: proffit!!!

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/rk30c-rockerverb/12467

that amp is beyond perfect for what you want - stuff like the Valveking isn't in the same league.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com