so, i was originally going to get a vox ad30vt but in musiciansfriend's magazine i got the other day i came across an epi valve junior and a blackheart ministack for the same price. i know the valve junior is really nice but i would like to know if anybody has experience with the blackheart. is it easy to use, does it have nice tone, etc. thanks in advance.
I'm a Mormon.

Gear:
Schecter C-1+
Kustom Tube 12-A
Digitech Hardwire Tube Overdrive
I've heard very good things about the blackheart. And it comes in a slightly higher wattage too, which is a plus.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
i recomend you to try the Roland cube 60... a like it more thant the Vox... and none of these cheap tube amp sound near as good as The roland cube or the the Vox.
^this coming from a guy with guitar hero under his name. you were off topic anyway. i asked if anybody had experience with the blackheart. not which amp should i get instead.
I'm a Mormon.

Gear:
Schecter C-1+
Kustom Tube 12-A
I LOVE mine. I got it a few weeks ago and it really blows my old SS amp out of the water. Has a great blues/ classic rock tone, and with an O.D. you can get to metal. The 3/5 watt switch is great too. Check reviews over at harmony-central.com.
apparently UG's only type O-

Quote by Strike9

Thanks jb_designs.
Quote by ortrigger
^this coming from a guy with guitar hero under his name. you were off topic anyway. i asked if anybody had experience with the blackheart. not which amp should i get instead.

Yeah of course this guys gonna defend what he's got... he bought 2 of the same amp in different wattages lol.

I can't offer any comment on the Blackheart but I can give you my opinion on the Vox, which I've owned for like 2 years. Basically... if you buy the Vox, your gonna outgrow it. Some of the amp modes are good, some aren't. The effects aren't that great either. The tone for the most part is pretty good... it'll sound good to you and any non guitar players but the main thing is that it doesn't feel like a tube amp. It has weak picking dynamics and just not that harmonic rich big tone that comes from a tube amp. If you can, you should try the Blackheart and see how it is.
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
well if you want something sorta like a modeling amp
i say get the Fender Super ChampXD this amp is totally overlooked by many
its a TRUE HYBRID amp with diffrent voicings they are about 15 watts and have wonderful tone and for the money its really ****ing good
you could really get anything out of it
i wanna buy one now because i figured it be easier to carry around than my 55 pound Super 60
thanks everybody. i looked into the blackheart a little bit and found pretty good reviews for it. but how about the valve junior? the one i saw is the half stack and i was wondering exactly how good they are.
I'm a Mormon.

Gear:
Schecter C-1+
Kustom Tube 12-A
The Blackheart is very nice. I tried one last Sat. Check out the spam : https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=795000
It's great for blues/classic rock, starts to overdrive about noon and you can get that great classic overdrive. The blackheart is a fair bit darker and crunchier than the EVJ ;P
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Yngwi3
The Blackheart is very nice. I tried one last Sat. Check out the spam : https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=795000
It's great for blues/classic rock, starts to overdrive about noon and you can get that great classic overdrive. The blackheart is a fair bit darker and crunchier than the EVJ ;P

ok cool. thanks. that's actually about the sound i've been looking for. thanks for the input people.
I'm a Mormon.

Gear:
Schecter C-1+
Kustom Tube 12-A
Quote by HUNYeti
i recomend you to try the Roland cube 60... a like it more thant the Vox... and none of these cheap tube amp sound near as good as The roland cube or the the Vox.
Or Not.

The Blackheart is awesome. Sounds like a hot rodded VJ.