www.myspace.com/antipoderock

these guys recorded using their own mics, programs, computers, instruments, and everything all in their own garage. I thought it was pretty good considering. Any advice? Thoughts?
Last edited by Steal the air at Feb 27, 2008,
The bass guitar sounds pretty horrible, the pop is too loud and it's as loose as Jenna Jameson's minge.

It's an OK mix. There's not enough high end, and it's a little sparse for my tastes.

Vocals and guitar sound nice though.
Still sounded pretty amateur to me...

And the singer is god awful. Bleugh.
Last edited by Vermintide at Feb 27, 2008,
I'm a girl, and I'm really good friends with the bassist. Thought I'd try getting some second opinions on Antipode. I think that they're really something.
Quote by Steal the air
I'm a girl, and I'm really good friends with the bassist. Thought I'd try getting some second opinions on Antipode. I think that they're really something.

Well, there's a special forum here for promoting bands Take it there.
sounds like crap to me.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
Yes, Ibanez guitars are "siick". I play a tele though. What's a good guitar for recording?
It's not that hard to get "pro" results at home with the right gear and some know-how. These tracks are hardly exceptional though.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
Wow... did the vocalist even try? Seriously I was listening to one of the songs and the drummer's cymbals were off. Lyrics weren't to hot at times also.

The live video they have isn't that bad though, I think it sounds better then the "studio" track.
well, they're somethin.
I didn't think we would ever make enough money to pay rent by playing music.
-Gregg Allman

*Insert sarcastic, ego-boosting quote here*
Quote by Steal the air

Rule #2 of rock and roll.
NEVER try to inflate your ego by being close friends with the bass player.
off time as well

not to great guitar sounds the same all over

quite boring really
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rule #2 of rock and roll.
NEVER try to inflate your ego by being close friends with the bass player.

As a bass player I approve this message!
Irrelevant quote from obscure person
Obnoxious statement regarding size of e-ween
Italicized text indicating bandwagoning masquerading as deep thought
ASCII graphic that will take over the world if you put one in your signature
Made up statistic
Quote by Death-Speak
As a bass player I approve this message!

Stop slacking, and put those shelves up!

Just kidding, but of course there's the old stereotype that bass players are big and clumsy and are only good for putting shelves up.

Kinda like Roger Waters in the 1960's, I suppose.

Although by that logic, I should be a bass player as well. And If I could play bass, which I really can't, I'd play like John McVie.
Ugh. Where to start? The drums can't be heard, the bass is clipping, the guitar is dry as a bone and sounds tinny, and I can't even begin to describe the awfulness of the vocal track. I don't think he hit a right note the entire song, besides the fact that it sounded like he was singing through a $5 radioshack mic.
PM Me for any help you need with recording systems/tips
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good call

Man, you should be a mod, you know everything.