Ok,

So i'm pretty close to gettting a new amp. I just upgraded to a Fender Tele Deluxe (with the strat pickup in the middle) and was looking at getting a Peavy Classic 30 or Fender Hot Rod, but I know there are other amps out there that are great (and maybe not as well known or something that everbody has) but don't really know where to start. Any suggestions. As for what I play...think U2, Counting Crows (Recovering the Sattilites) early Foo Fighters... or early alt rock...wouldn't really call it hard rock, and defintely not metal...Thanks.
Quote by Deadmen
Wait for them by your door, and when they come.
Jump out with your wiener just hanging there and yell "Surprise!"
They'll never talk to you again, also make shure to helicoptor it a bit.

Memeber #665 of the Ibanez RG owners of the world club
Vox AC15 would be nice, imo. But seriously, the Classic 30 would nail those tones.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
peavey classic 30 is a really nice amp, even better with a speaker swap. or a fender hot rod deluxe, that would be pretty sweet!
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
^ naw dont get crate there crap even the tube amps when compared to others in the same price range

B-52AT series
good for what you mentioned
dont even consider buying the Deluxe the overdrive is useless
^ people don't buy HRD for the OD they buy them for the cleans, TS you realize that with a HRD you will have to buy pedals if you what a decent preamp OD tone.
But I Agree the C30 will be hard to bet for those type tones. I would just bite the bullet and go that way. Its really hard to find a more veristle amp under 1000 dollars. Also look into the traynor YVC50 blue, its kinda like the C30 but even more marshall voiced, most say that the YVC50>Classic 30, but they are bit more than yor budget allows. I have never used one, thats only what I have heard, I own the C30 and love it.
Quote by purple tiger
^ naw dont get crate there crap even the tube amps when compared to others in the same price range
dont even consider buying the Deluxe the overdrive is useless

PLEASE get a clue.
But the Classic 30 really would be good for what you play.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
thanks...you were really starting to hit the nail on the head with the traynor...now that's an amp i've never heard of...any more suggestions like those (though it does seem like the peavy 30 is where it's at)...
ooh yeah I completely forgot about those amps. I've never tried one but they always seem to get raving reviews.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
I have never used one, I was just going buy what I have read and heard, they are not stocked at my LGS, they can get them becasue I asked when I was looking for a new amp, but I really hate to buy somthing like that without trying it out. If I special ordered one I would have to take it home. So I went with the C30, no regrets thus far I am more than happy with it.
Quote by Johnbryant
^ people don't buy HRD for the OD they buy them for the cleans, TS you realize that with a HRD you will have to buy pedals if you what a decent preamp OD tone.
But I Agree the C30 will be hard to bet for those type tones. I would just bite the bullet and go that way. Its really hard to find a more veristle amp under 1000 dollars. Also look into the traynor YVC50 blue, its kinda like the C30 but even more marshall voiced, most say that the YVC50>Classic 30, but they are bit more than yor budget allows. I have never used one, thats only what I have heard, I own the C30 and love it.

your post is filled with win

There's also the YCV40 with 2x10" speakers if you like things a little brighter and punchier.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Thanks guys! I guess I'll just go with the Peavy 30...though the back of it (tubes) is super exposed...i suppose it's easily fixed...?
Quote by forsaknazrael
^Umm...That's called an open back design. It's supposed to be that way. It's not "exposed", or a design flaw.

I realize that it's not a design flaw and know that it does effect the sound...what I am worried about is the tubes being vulnerable when i'm taking it back and forth to a gig...I have an AMPEG VT and it has and open back but they at least put a 3 inch guard to cover the tubes...
As everyone suggested, the Peavey Classic 30 would be a nice choice. Also consider the Vox AC30 and the Orange AD30.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
the new ones all come with a tube guard stock, the old ones did not, If your buy a new dont't worry about it. If buying used a guy on ebays sells the guards for like 20 bucks. I cannot find a picture but you can take my word for it.
Maybe the Crate V32 or w/e it is, would suit your needs.
Quote by slidething31
Blues men don't wear band T shirts.