Hey everyone,

At risk of being flamed, I could use a little help. I'm a casual guitar player (about 5 or 6 years now), and I'm looking to replace my shoddy Squier (don't hate) with something a little more reputable. At the same time, however, I have no intentions of dropping more than $250 on a nice guitar; true, if I want quality, I'll have to pay more, but as a cash-strapped college student living in a dorm, who doesn't play in a band and has no intention to do so, all the obnoxious sustain and features in the world don't do me much good. I just want something to play for fun (playing Tool songs between internships makes the day go by faster), which doesn't necessarily mean I need the best equipment in the world.

So I have two options, I think: the Ibanez GRX20 or the Epi LP standard 200. Both are pretty cheap entry-level guitars that, from what I gather, aren't all too bad. I've played them both before, and maybe it's because I was so strapped for time, but I certainly left the store torn. That's why I'm seeking your advice... which sounds better for the type of music I play (the hardest rock I touch is Tool)? Which has the best pickups (again, I'm not going to spend more on replacing them, for the aforementioned reasons, lol)? And, just as importantly, which stores should I avoid? Is Zzsounds a decent Web site?

Any help is appreciated. I should also mention that I have a crappy practice amp with built in distortion (even when I get that apartment, I cant really justify anything louder). Thanks in advance.

Twh
"Cause I threw you the obvious
Just to see if theres more behind the
Eyes of a fallen angel
Eyes of a tragedy"

"3 libras" --apc
ibanez>epi les paul speacial
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
oh i thought you said speacial sorry hmmm i prefer ibanez i just dont like les pauls, try them out
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.