1. I just learned how to tap efficiently, now how do you put it into songs? like where would it fit?
2. What do you guys like better, finger tapping, or pick tapping....i mean, what is most commonly used?
3. When tapping, could you guys give some good finger placement/frets for common taps? i'm new to the whole tapping thing, practiced for about 2 hours just tapping, got pretty good at it, but i felt like none of it would flow good in a song. What do you guys suggest?
Go get some ideas from ozzy stuff, its pretty easy tapping. I prefer finger tapping , pick tapping sounds too harsh almost and ****s up your pick.
LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO LET YOUR MIND SPREAD WINGS AND TAKE FLIGHT

Quote by KeepOnRotting
+Infinity. This dude knows good metal.
1.) solos, interludes, over a chord progression are good places to start
2.) Finger tapping, pick tapping is a bit erratic sometimes
3.) 12-8-5-12-8-5-13-8-5-15-8-5 etc.
ohai little sig.
As far as the third question, tapping sequences are usually just arpeggios. So if the rhythm guitar was playing an Am chord, the notes being tapped would usually be A, C, and E.
Listen to Jimmy Page's solo in Heartbreaker. Listen to Van Halen too. Lots of Van halen.
1979 Fender Telecaster
Vox Valvetronix 30w
Dunlop Wah
Digitech Flanger
Brian May Red Special Pedal
^
Jimmy Page doesn't actually tap in that solo, he's just pulling off to an open string. A better example would be Rush's YYZ if you were going to give an example using an open string.

One way to use tapping would be placing your picking hand on a fret behind your fretting hand, and pull off to it with the fretting hand. This allows you to move what would be your open string all around the neck, and you can use it as a pedal tone in any spot on the neck.
Got Death Magnetic a day early!

The Low-Cardinal of Zeppelinism - If you're a diehard fan of Zeppelin, join Zeppelinism here

Winner of the "Biggest Led Zeppelin Fuck" award in the CR forum (2 years running!)
Quote by ~Gu1t4r~N00b3h~
1. I just learned how to tap efficiently, now how do you put it into songs? like where would it fit?
2. What do you guys like better, finger tapping, or pick tapping....i mean, what is most commonly used?
3. When tapping, could you guys give some good finger placement/frets for common taps? i'm new to the whole tapping thing, practiced for about 2 hours just tapping, got pretty good at it, but i felt like none of it would flow good in a song. What do you guys suggest?

lol you learned how to tap efficiently in 2 hours? Thats crazy.

Anyway, use it to outline chords, obviously. You can also do scalar runs with tapping and stuff, get creative !

And pick tapping and finger tapping have different feels, finger tapping feels more organic then pick tapping, just use whatever you feel like using at the time :] !