Hey guys, I'm looking at buying a new amp and I was thinking about the Traynor YCV50 blue or YCV40 which would be better for me?

I play a lot of classic rock Boston (who'd a thunk that aye?) Led Zeppelin Van Halen stuff like that. I also really like my blues.I HAS to have good cleans cause I play at church even though I usually use distortion there to it is nice to have good cleans
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Last edited by Bostonrocks at Feb 27, 2008,
Quote by forsaknazrael
YCV50 for those bands.

The YCV40 has better cleans, though. If you put KT77's in the YCV40, it'll handle those bands no problem.

ok does the YCV 40 have a master volume??? or will it overdrive at an ok bedroom level? But as long as the 50 can handle some cleans it's not like I use em ALL the time but i do need them
Quote by gregs1020
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by forsaknazrael
The YCV40 does not have a master volume. Which I actually like. It sounds fine at bedroom levels.

The 50 has decent cleans, just not as good as the YCV40.

so it doesen't get to loud then and you can play it at bedroom volume? Is the 40 voiced more marshall or fender like? and i want it to have a fair amount of gain for the small amount of metal I play ( which isn't very much) I like marshall vocing more and a master volume is always nice thought
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
The YCV40 is more American, but it gets to about RATM heavy on it's own. Just always leave the boost on. That's what I do. If you add a OD pedal, it'll do metal for sure. Same deal with the YCV50, if you need metal.

And each channel has a volume knob on the YCV40, unlike the the YCV50, which is controlled by one master volume knob.

A master volume is nice if you like preamp distortion, but I like mine non-master volume.
Quote by forsaknazrael
The YCV40 is more American, but it gets to about RATM heavy on it's own. Just always leave the boost on. That's what I do. If you add a OD pedal, it'll do metal for sure. Same deal with the YCV50, if you need metal.

And each channel has a volume knob on the YCV40, unlike the the YCV50, which is controlled by one master volume knob.

A master volume is nice if you like preamp distortion, but I like mine non-master volume.

The reason i wan master is cause I don't want to drive it really hard to get a some break up thats all. and the other guitarist in the band has a Fender and I don't want tones overlaping eachother that is potetialy bad.....(wow there was some horrid spelling there lol) I also need a more British voiced amp could you change the tubes in the YCV40?
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Quote by forsaknazrael
Yeah. Like I said, changing the tubes to hot grade JJ KT77's gives it a more British tone. Order the tubes from eurotubes.com, just mention they're KT77's for a YCV40.

will they overdrive more quickly with KT77s?

what does it come with??? 6L6s?
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
But it will get more Brit voiced? And it will do bedroom volumes???? I'm really thinkin the 40 might be better if it isn't to loud
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Sounds to me like the 50 is better for you...

British Voiced already, comes with a V30, Very nice cleans, pretty close to Fender-like, and has a Master Volume so you can get play very quiet.

Oh yeah it will do those bands you mentioned perfectly
Quote by stangconv
Sounds to me like the 50 is better for you...

British Voiced already, comes with a V30, Very nice cleans, pretty close to Fender-like, and has a Master Volume so you can get play very quiet.

Oh yeah it will do those bands you mentioned perfectly

ok...well c I'm trying to get as much info as possible cause I'm in Minnesota and there is NO place that i can find that sells these so I'm getting what info I can...I have played the 50 before and loved it but I'm wondering which is better for me and I want all the info I can get on these to particular ones
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Ok I do believe I will get the 50....what do they go for used???? 450???? something like that I'm guesssing?
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
nothing there right now but what the Traynor YVC40-WR

difference?
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
would you be willing to trade yours for some stuff?
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Quote by forsaknazrael

surely there's a gain knob on the OD channel of the ycv40? to me anyway, that equates to "master volume" (though obviously not a global master).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
well if there is a gain knob I will get the 40 it's cheaper lol
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
lol ok Just wondering since you have a blackheart now
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
I had a Ovation Deluxe acoustic and a Fender Princeton chorus.....and if you didn't take that I was thinkin about my LP
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
oh your a lefty aye? well I tried...guess I'll have to do it the old fashend way get a haircut and get a really job aye?
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Quote by Dave_Mc
surely there's a gain knob on the OD channel of the ycv40? to me anyway, that equates to "master volume" (though obviously not a global master).

Yeah, sorry. There's a gain knob. I meant no global master volume. The YCV50 has a global one, and no prescence control, which was kinda of annoying when I was trying it out.

The YCV40WR is the same circuitry as the YCV40 and the YCV40T. It's got a better speaker than the YCV40, and has a 1x12" config, as opposed to the YCV40T's 2x10".
ah look whos back lol.

so it does have a gain knob I think I may getthe 40 then
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
ok thanks man
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
thanks azrael. i'd probably rather have a presence than a global master too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?