The best sterotypes are in jazz.

Smokey Jazz clubs > all other sterotypes. Nothing can approach it.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
what sort of stereotypes?
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
People who base their personalities off the type of music they listen to are cool:

Not at all true. They're usually pretty lame.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
[quote="'Tommy[fin"]']No more smoke in those clubs.

Fucking smoking ban!

Um, metalheads being stupidly elitist.
[quote="'Tommy[fin"]']No more smoke in those clubs.

That's the joy of stereotypes, they're all in the mind
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
I have long hair and people always go 'rock on duuuuude' in a bad American accent to me. Last one was an eight-year old, the whole band chased him a good quarter-mile
ohai little sig.
yes it's all true. All hip hop kiddies are drug abusing pimps and gangsters while all metalheads are raving satanist lunatics.

On a more serious note: It's all rubbish. Stereotypes are just a way for people to make the world more structured and easier to understand. It's just as stupid as racism.
Quote by Demonikk
I have long hair and people always go 'rock on duuuuude' in a bad American accent to me. Last one was an eight-year old, the whole band chased him a good quarter-mile

think yourself lucky, i just get 'MOSHER!!!!!!' shouted at me
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
Quote by cam_sampbell
what sort of stereotypes?

Umm... You know, the ones that fit people into a category without knowing them?

Or something like that..
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by cam_sampbell

either that or grunger
I'm a Fire, and I'll Burn.Burn.Burn.
Quote by webbtje

Um, metalheads being stupidly elitist.

Sure mate, thats a 'stereotype'

Not.
Let me tell you about heartache and the loss of god
Wandering, wandering in hopeless night
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars

Out here we is stoned
Immaculate.
Quote by cam_sampbell

I think everyone has at some point. I get it every day. Usually from some wannabe chavs in Y7 or 8.
I've seen a lot of steryotypes play themselves out, but not so much with music.
My girfriend for instance dresses very casual (jeans and a hoodie) and has curly dirty blonde hair.
She pretty much listens to dimmu borgir, sepultura, soulfly, canible corpse etc.
And her personality is very "bubbly"
So no i don't think that steryotypes in music always works out
1) metal heads are stupid (think bill and ted)

2) metal heads worship satan (think that bull in the 80s where priest and maiden were accused of engineering reverse-recorded satanic messages or whatever bull that was)

both stereotypes, both untrue.
There are always cases where stereotypes will be true, but for the most part they are not.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM