Okay, I am in desperate need of an amp head - I fried my old Randall, sad day

Anyways, I have a job which starts in the summer and I know for absolutely sure that I can pay off my purchase. It says on samash.com that there will be no finance charges if paid in full within 12 months, that's doable by a long shot. My problem is I have no available cash NOW.

If I sign up for this card and make my 500 or so dollar purchase, are they going to screw me over or something? Am I missing something?

http://www.samash.com/promopages/nopay.asp?
You'll get screwed over by finance charges if it's not payed in full by the time they've stipulated.

If it's not payed in full, finance charges will be calculated from the DATE OF PURCHASE. And knowing retail credit cards, the percentage will probably be huge, most likely at least 22% if not more.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
They do a similar thing over here for a company for Soundcontrol.
12 Months Deferred Payment etc. I bought my Spector on it.

No problems at all - but not sure on all the technicalities with Sam Ash
Quote by Hakael
You'll get screwed over by finance charges if it's not payed in full by the time they've stipulated.

If it's not payed in full, finance charges will be calculated from the DATE OF PURCHASE. And knowing retail credit cards, the percentage will probably be huge, most likely at least 22% if not more.

1. So it says - on the first purchase on my card (has to be an online order), I have 12 months of NO payments and NO interest. So I could buy a $550 dollar amp and pay it in full in the month of June this year (with one payment of $550) and not have to pay another cent of interest or fees or whatnot?

2. Here's what it says, "No Finance Charges if purchase paid in full in 12 months. If purchase not paid in full or Account not kept current, Finance Charges assessed from purchase date and Minimum Monthly Payments required."

What exactly does "account not kept current" mean?
Last edited by i_baked_cookies at Feb 27, 2008,
Quote by i_baked_cookies
1. So it says - on the first purchase on my card (has to be an online order), I have 12 months of NO payments and NO interest. So I could buy a $550 dollar amp and pay it in full in the month of June this year (with one payment of $550) and not have to pay another cent of interest or fees or whatnot?

2. Here's what it says, "No Finance Charges if purchase paid in full in 12 months. If purchase not paid in full or Account not kept current, Finance Charges assessed from purchase date and Minimum Monthly Payments required."

What exactly does "account not kept current" mean?

If you pay on time and in full in under twelve months you will pay no interest. What they get people on is late payments and going over the twelve months. If you do either of those you pay 22% interest calculated from the date of purchase. It is definitely a catch and if you think you can't pay it off or if you plan on paying late then don't do it. If you can follow the rules you will get a 0% interest loan for 12 months which is a good deal.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Standard Strat
Traynor YCV50 Blue
Roland Microcube
Quote by Mike-T
If you pay on time and in full in under twelve months you will pay no interest. What they get people on is late payments and going over the twelve months. If you do either of those you pay 22% interest calculated from the date of purchase. It is definitely a catch and if you think you can't pay it off or if you plan on paying late then don't do it. If you can follow the rules you will get a 0% interest loan for 12 months which is a good deal.

Yea, I can easily pay off 550 dollars in one year, that's well within my limit. I just need the gear now (I'm without an amp!)

What I'm still wondering is if they are going to charge me anything else - fees, etc. I'm only going to use this card once, once I pay it off should I just cancel it?
just don't take a year and a day.

and cancel it after if you want. i've done that at furniture stores, just to get the 20% discount, then i've paid in full and cancelled the card.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Looks like you're in the clear, it says right on the webpage, no annual fee.
Quote by strummin67
$500 is not much. If you have very few bills you should have no problem paying it off. But do pay it within that time frame.

I plan on it!

Ordering soon.
Okay, I just ordered it and got accepted for the Sam Ash card... had a bit of a problem during identify verification, but I called the supplied number and it got worked out - never received an email verification though, I'm figuring that it hasn't gone through Sam Ash yet.