I have entry level equipment of a epiphone les paul special II with crate flexwave 15 amp, i am looking for a better amp and pickups, what should i be saving up for?
Last edited by yogon at Feb 27, 2008,
To introduce the next 10 posts, if you're going to upgrade: tube amp or don't bother.
Pickups are more a choice based on your style and sound, you should let someone esle pick them randomly.

What do you mainly play? Style/genre
Last edited by -Collapse- at Feb 27, 2008,
Um, i would greatly consider a nicer amp before pickups.
LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO LET YOUR MIND SPREAD WINGS AND TAKE FLIGHT

Quote by KeepOnRotting
+Infinity. This dude knows good metal.
Quote by LaGrange
Um, i would greatly consider a nicer amp before pickups.

yeah, pickups compliment an amp. But the amp is 80-90 percent of your sound.
Unless your guitar is absolutely toneless. SOme things even the amp can't save, haha.
I'd hardly say this is Gear Building and Customising

However, give us your budget.
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.
$400 sorry i didnt have all this info at the beginning, this is my first topic
well, for metal it's easier to get away with a crapper amp cos you can drown it in gain.
Quote by jimRH7
well, for metal it's easier to get away with a crapper amp cos you can drown it in gain.

That's not really true. I think you'll find that a lot of metal players are very discerning with their tone.
Quote by jimRH7

Shh now.

For now, I'd say keep whatever pickups you have and try to get as good an amp as possible. There's an'Only "What Amp?" Thread' in the Gear and Accessories forum. It's stickied at the top. I guarantee you'll get a good answer in there
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.
No problem
Quote by Liberation
i have the same guitar. i put in a steve's special in the bridge and a paf pro in the neck (both dimarzios) and i really love them. they're good for metal, but don't do too bad clean or when i'm playing jazz/blues (i love my tubescreamer).
'15 Fender Modern Player Tele
'88 MIK Squier Strat
'06 Ibanez RG5EX1
Peavey Vypyr 75

Currently GASing for: Orange TH30C
laney and dimarzios

Done.
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial