Just wondered if someone could assess my guitar tone, I kinda like it but wondering what general opinions are and if you have any tips let me know.

Also this is a new riff I just put together, so it would be good if people could check that out too. There is one little mistake in the playing but that wasn't the focus of the recording.

Thanks

Link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/k3eh60
i would boost the mids a bit and drop the gain a bit, cool riff by the way.
MY Music
AMPS:
Chute CC-04 2x12
GUITARS:
Fender American Deluxe Strat SSS (with DG-20's)
Martin Dx-1
PEDALS:
Big Muff Pi Tone Wicker
Keeley Mod Bluesdriver
Holy Grail Plus Reverb
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal
Sorry, can't say I like the riff. And maybe a little more distortion :P

Btw, it's not that the riff ain't good. It's just not something I like.
Needs more mids. And drop the gain down. I mean my gain is usually at 10, but that's because of what I play.
I got some good guitars, yo.
Quote by pawnluv
i would boost the mids a bit and drop the gain a bit, cool riff by the way.

Thanks very much for the compliment and advice.

Quote by Yasaki
Sorry, can't say I like the riff. And maybe a little more distortion :P

Btw, it's not that the riff ain't good. It's just not something I like.

That's fine, I normally play simple metal or stuff like that I was just trying new scales and such like. Perfectly valid comment.

Quote by Leat
Needs more mids. And drop the gain down. I mean my gain is usually at 10, but that's because of what I play.

Right ok, thanks. I will play about with it a bit, I had noticed upon listening back that it seems a bit thin. Thanks again.

Can anyone suggest scales to use with the riff? I am hoping to make one big piece and have a few ideas but was just wondering if anyone could make suggest scales and modes to broaden my options, I can be a bit narrow minded with my playing hehe.

Thanks everyone.