what the best recording software for beats and stuff, iam currently using beatcraft and mixcraft (any good?)
i also have audacity and hydrogen
Last edited by skilly1 at Feb 27, 2008,
Quote by Fast_Fingers
There is no best. It's whatever's good for you.

Amen.
I like Fruity Loops, but it really is a matter of personal preference.

DS
Irrelevant quote from obscure person
Obnoxious statement regarding size of e-ween
Italicized text indicating bandwagoning masquerading as deep thought
ASCII graphic that will take over the world if you put one in your signature
Made up statistic
Audio: Pro Tools
MIDI: Cubase
Both but slightly inferior: Logic
And for Drum programming: Fxpansion's BFD plug-in.
FM Synthesis: NI's FM7
Guitar amp modelling software: NI's Guitar Rig 3
I like Cubase better than ProTools. Maybe it's because I'm more familiar with it, but I haven't seen ProTools do anything that I wish Cubase did, or did better/easier.

Add the superior sequencing implementation of Cubase, and the sophisticated scoring capabilities, and "we have a winner."

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
ProTools LE is far overrrated, the only advantages ProTools offers over the competition comes along with the highly expensive HD systems. LE is IMO worse than the other big DAW options, and is limited to the somewhat shoddy ProTools lower end interfaces.

I prefer to use Sonar, and place much more emphasis on outboard gear than the software itself.
Quote by af_the_fragile
Audio: Pro Tools
MIDI: Cubase
Both but slightly inferior: Logic
And for Drum programming: Fxpansion's BFD plug-in.
FM Synthesis: NI's FM7
Guitar amp modelling software: NI's Guitar Rig 3

Logic Studio 8 is amazing - I like it better than Pro-tools, so much so I sold Pro Tools.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
I just find protools straight forward and easy to use. But i only use it when i'm only working with audio files. Like in a band recording.

But if i wanted to produce something electronic that involved both audio and MIDI, then i wouldn't go near protools. Pro Tools is horrible with MIDI.

Cubase is the way to go with MIDI all the way!
cubase+Reason is all you need to create the most amazing electronic tracks.

And i haven't tried much of Logic so i can't tell much bout it.