I see that Marshall plexi, JTM 45, JMP,... owners do this a lot. they use one guitar yet they use 3 or 4 inputs. what is the advantage to this method ?

would jumpering the 2 inputs on my blues deluxe be interesting or not ?

thanks !
When the inputs are Hi and Lo, they usually have some sort of protection which cuts out one jack when two jacks are plugged in. This is to stop you damaging your amp by plugging two guitars in...
Quote by guitarcrazy1991
When the inputs are Hi and Lo, they usually have some sort of protection which cuts out one jack when two jacks are plugged in. This is to stop you damaging your amp by plugging two guitars in...

are you talking about my amp, or a vintage Marshall ?

if it's on my amp; the inputs aren't really labeled Hi and Low, they don't say anything actually. I can use 2 guitars at the same time perfectly fine, and the manual doesn't say anything about that damaging the amp
Quote by The red Strat.
are you talking about my amp, or a vintage Marshall ?

if it's on my amp; the inputs aren't really labeled Hi and Low, they don't say anything actually. I can use 2 guitars at the same time perfectly fine, and the manual doesn't say anything about that damaging the amp

Well, I'm not really familiar with your amp. But that's the case with my Laney...
Quote by SOME_FAQ
The practice of "jumpering" the channels together began with the original tweed amps. It is normally accomplished by plugging the guitar into BRIGHT channel input #1, then plugging a short cable between BRIGHT channel input #2 and NORMAL channel input #1. Now you may use both channel preamps together and by varying the BRIGHT and NORMAL volume controls, you can dial in just the right amount of overdrive.

You can also attain the same effect by plugging the guitar into NORMAL channel input #1, then plugging a short cable between NORMAL channel input #2 and BRIGHT channel input #1. The effect is the same although there may be a slight difference in tone.

.........................................................................................................................................
Decaptivated

Ibanez S370 (all custom)
Mesa Boogie Studio Pre
Fender Champ 25se (used to power Mesa pre)
Custom 2x12 cab w/ Eminence Texas Heats
I think I read somewhere that jumpering inputs on those Marshall was done to get more gain out of them but I'm not sure where I saw that.
...to give your love no matter what is what she said...
Quote by phatsack
.........................................................................................................................................

but my inputs aren't labeled bright or normal, the 1st one is for passive pickups, and the 2nd one has a 6 dB cut for active pickups...

would jumpering the inputs be interesting ?

^ that would be logical, as you're pushing the amp harder (i think).
Quote by The red Strat.
but my inputs aren't labeled bright or normal, the 1st one is for passive pickups, and the 2nd one has a 6 dB cut for active pickups...

I've never done it myself, but I'm pretty sure you need 2 channels, each with it's own input, to do this.
Decaptivated

Ibanez S370 (all custom)
Mesa Boogie Studio Pre
Fender Champ 25se (used to power Mesa pre)
Custom 2x12 cab w/ Eminence Texas Heats
i'm not sure if you can with your amp, i tried it on my DRRI and it was out of phase, so the sound was just a bit weaker.

And jumping them as far as i know increases the gain and you can get a lot more options by blending each channels volume (if its a two channel amp, you can do this with the Bassman RI)
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Quote by The red Strat.

You need AT LEAST 3 inputs. Your only has 2, so it won't work. Plus it's to get more gain or mix the different channels, but your amp doens't have multi input channels (like a Plexi does, the Bright and Normal).
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009