Does anyone have any ideas what scales Paul Gilbert primarily uses? Or at least ones that sound like what he uses. I know he uses the harmonic minor sometimes, but other than that I'm stumped...
Funny words.
He probably just uses whatever scales suit the particular song he is playing. Probably modal scales. And harmonic minor, as you said.
Paul Gilbert actually does a lot of straight pentatonic stuff, he just plays it in interesting ways.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Paul Gilbert actually does a lot of straight pentatonic stuff, he just plays it in interesting ways.

That's the scale I was going to meniton. He really makes it work in almost any situation
Quote by atomkat
I can't fxcking descripe in words how much I love you!!!!!!!
Quote by MrJayremmie
marry me.
Stratocaster fan...
Rusty Old Boat.. youtube it. It's pretty much a pentatonic scale all on the bass strings.
I know exactly what I think I'm doing.
he also uses minor scales like in technical difficulties. i just started to learn that song and its all basically e minor
Quote by steven seagull

+1

He's also a big fan of adding other intervals for a more interesing sound, like a major 6th and the b5th.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.