Page 1 of 2
I'm going to Germany this summer for a month by myself and was wondering what I should so there. I'll be living with my uncle in Berlin, any sights I should see or places I should go?
im from Pennsylvania too. im jealous, because id love to go to Germany. i think if i get the chance to go sometime i want to visit Munich, The Black Forest area, maybe one of the concentration camps, and perhaps the Alps.

i dont know what your travel abilities are though, so those might not be options.
Berlin - Neukölln.
I will leave this world in the same way i entered it. Bathed in blood , screaming.

Schecter S-1 Elite
Fender Stratocaster
Boss Metalzone
Boss Chorus
Some vintage Yamaha Amp
Dude, I live in Berlin. It's wicked. Go scope the Fernsehrturm, drink a lot of beer and eat Döner and smoke shisha. Friedrichstraße is a cool place, as are Alexanderplatz and Warschauerstraße. Just get on the S-Bahn and let it take you places. Watch out for people wearing anything that says "Picaldi" because most are racist.
Catch a train to the River Rhine, and take a tour to see the castles.

The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by 4arebetter
Dude, I live in Berlin. It's wicked. Go scope the Fernsehrturm, drink a lot of beer and eat Döner and smoke shisha. Friedrichstraße is a cool place, as are Alexanderplatz and Warschauerstraße. Just get on the S-Bahn and let it take you places. Watch out for people wearing anything that says "Picaldi" because most are racist.

+1
Doner and Shisha is the real meaning of life, don't believe what anyone tells you
Run around saying "heil Hitler" with your arm straight out in front of you.
Don't know if this is true but I heard thats illegal to do that.
I probably will be able to see a lot of these things while I'm there. Is the Star Club and Indra where the Beatles played still there (in Hamburg)?
go piss on hitlers grave if he has one
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Well, if you wanna be lame and see historic stuff, just start walking around from the Hauptbahnhof and Unter den Linden. There are some really cool old buildings that I'm sure have some kind of historical significance.
Quote by thewho65
I'm going to Germany this summer for a month by myself and was wondering what I should so there. I'll be living with my uncle in Berlin, any sights I should see or places I should go?

GO TO A TOKIO HOTEL CONCERT

Quote by NielsWho
GO TO A TOKIO HOTEL CONCERT

there was a German exchange student at my high school like 2 years ago, and he couldnt stop talking about how much he hated them.
Quote by Dinkydaisy
Catch a train to the River Rhine, and take a tour to see the castles.

I was IN that castle! It's wicked. Munich is a really nice city but I've never been anywhere else in Germany. You can go skiing in Germany, that should be loads of fun although pricy.
Quote by Lead guitarist
Run around saying "heil Hitler" with your arm straight out in front of you.
Don't know if this is true but I heard thats illegal to do that.

500 euro fine for that ****. that is, if you dont get the living **** kicked out of you before the cops get there. big no no here.
Germany is a fantastic country. I was stationed there from the mid 80s till '92. Hanau (close to Frankfurt), and a small town in the Schwabisch Alps in southern Germany. The beer, and cough, cough, some other vices are killer. I saw the concentration camp Dachau, not far from Munich. I'll take some of those images to the grave. The picture of the castle posted earlier is Neuschwanstein in southern Germany, not too far from Austria. It was built in the 1800s (as in, not midieval). Many many castles to see, nice people for the most part, clean country too. I could go on and on. Ich liebe Deutschland
Go to a Deichkind concert. Amazing German techno/hip hop.
666 BRO
Quote by 4arebetter
drink a lot of beer and eat Döner and smoke shisha.

This sums up my trip to Berlin last summer. Doing the same this summer too!
Quote by rancidryan
go piss on hitlers grave if he has one

He and Eva Braun were burnt and buried somewhere. How can you not know that? As if Hitler would have a grave.

Quote by n2dabloo
Germany is a fantastic country. I was stationed there from the mid 80s till '92. Hanau (close to Frankfurt), and a small town in the Schwabisch Alps in southern Germany. The beer, and cough, cough, some other vices are killer. I saw the concentration camp Dachau, not far from Munich. I'll take some of those images to the grave. The picture of the castle posted earlier is Neuschwanstein in southern Germany, not too far from Austria. It was built in the 1800s (as in, not midieval). Many many castles to see, nice people for the most part, clean country too. I could go on and on. Ich liebe Deutschland

I thought they were all medieval along the Rhine O_o
Ludwig II anyway. Awesome. /me wikis

-Matthew Arnold

Quote by Dinkydaisy
He and Eva Braun were burnt and buried somewhere. How can you not know that? As if Hitler would have a grave.

I thought they were all medieval along the Rhine O_o
Ludwig II anyway. Awesome. /me wikis

Thats the Schloss Neuschwanstein. It is not close to the Rhine. As I said earlier, its close to the Austrian border. I've been to it twice. Translation: New Swan Castle. Everything in it has a swan motif.
Quote by ctgreaper
Berlin - Neukölln.

yea
you will met a lot of nice people there
Quote by frankv
Tokio Hotel is probably the worst thing Germany has produced since WW2.

Quote by n2dabloo
Thats the Schloss Neuschwanstein. It is not close to the Rhine. As I said earlier, its close to the Austrian border. I've been to it twice. Translation: New Swan Castle. Everything in it has a swan motif.

O_o

/me goes back to revise German castles

Or I would, but I like to pretend I actually have better things to do

-Matthew Arnold

in germany, just go get drunk and stay in the south. there's nothing to see in the north, believe me, i live there.
Quote by nightraven
i'm going to berlin in a few weeks for history. go to the remains of the berlin wall.

Hah, I have some of the rebarb in my room from the wall!
Quote by CoreysMonster
in germany, just go get drunk and stay in the south. there's nothing to see in the north, believe me, i live there.

^^^^^Agreed X10^^^^^
Quote by CoreysMonster

I don't know anything about the North, but perhaps it's because you live there that you don't think there's anything to see? You've already seen it time and time again, so it doesn't impress you anymore?

I mean, if somebody asked me where the good places to visit in Shrewsbury were, I'd have no idea what to tell them, because it's all old to me.

Again, I don't know anything about the area, it's just an idea I'm throwing out there.
go visit the old nazi camps. and ann franks attic.

^not trying to be racist or anything but there is a lot of history there.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

Quote by kurt_cobain9
and ann franks attic.

That's in Holland.
Quote by Roger_Waters
^ wow i actually almost missed that hahaha iforgot your a genious

Don't blame us if we ever doubt you, you know we couldn't live without you.

I'm oedipus, bitch, the original balla
Bust out my 9, light up your Impala
fuck that police!

Quote by -BlackZeppelin-
Psh. I can can play fleshlight acoustically.

*masturbates*
believe me, all of the castles, mountains and rivers are in the south. there is nothing but marshes and cold beaches in the north. if you love ships, come to kiel. if you don't, stay away.
The north is pretty boring, really. In the east, you only have berlin, which is still quite good. I've been there and it's worth a visit. In the west (where I live) you have most of the bigger cities, including Cologne (quite nice as well). But the south is were it's at. You have mountains (skiing!), Munich and the whole state of bavaria, packed with 10 million weirdos.
One word.

Beerfest.

I have been to Germany countless times, I only live about 80 km from the german border.
PICTURE YOURSELF IN A BOAT ON A RIVER
WITH TANGERINE TREES AND MARMALADE SKIES...
Quote by TheQuailman
The north is pretty boring, really. In the east, you only have berlin, which is still quite good. I've been there and it's worth a visit. In the west (where I live) you have most of the bigger cities, including Cologne (quite nice as well). But the south is were it's at. You have mountains (skiing!), Munich and the whole state of bavaria, packed with 10 million weirdos.

xD WIN
I've only been to Germany once and that was to see AC/DC and the Rolling Stones, was literally just there for the day but it remains one of the best days of my life. I found the germans exceptionally friendly and yes,... the beer!!!! Totally intoxicating lol

I have a lot of friends out there, so if you want to go to a rock gig of any sort, gimme a shout and I can put you in touch with some people.
Page 1 of 2