Page 1 of 2
yea so my family are hopefully going to america soon
we are kinda into scenery so stuff like the plains and stuff really suit our style.
where would be the best place to go?
Well, if you don't care about anything else besides scenery, there's Montana, Colorado, any state in the west.
Canada.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

scenery? dont go to the plains. there is no scenery, unless wheat and corn are considered scenery these days.

go either to the Rocky Mountains in Colorado, or maybe go to the Northeast, like Vermont or Maine. thats if you like scenery.
Stay away from eastern Nebraska unless you like seeing cornfields for miles and miles during the warm season and the fact that everyone I know is obsessed with 311 and Slipnot, or mebe that's just the town I live in.
Quote by daytripper75
scenery? dont go to the plains. there is no scenery, unless wheat and corn are considered scenery these days.

go either to the Rocky Mountains in Colorado, or maybe go to the Northeast, like Vermont or Maine. thats if you like scenery.

+1 to the Northeast. I've got some pictures in a blog from our New England road trip...amazing scenery there.
Yeah, I'd avoid the midwest unless you REALLY like corn and/or cows.

Colorado, Arizona, and New Mexico have some really nice scenery around the mountains. Plus you're within a couple hours drive of California and the ocean, not to mention Mexico.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Quote by sock_demon
wtf is with all these country threads?

lol i saw Germany and Canada and thought i would jump on the bandwagon.
I'd say it all depends on what time of year your coming to America..and how much time you plan on visiting.

I myself am from the Deep South and haven't had the opportunity to personally see all the other parts of the country, I have seen amazing pics from the Northeast in the fall, some parts of the South are nice....particularly the Smokey Mountains of Tennessee and North Carolina. North-West Arkansas has some really beautiful vista's in the Ozarks, but not much else. Also parts of the Mid West are beautiful...particularly places like Colorado and California.

How long do you and your folks plan on visiting?
Quote by HaKattack
Wait a second..how did KoRn get you into metal? That's like Nancy Reagan getting you into heroin addiction and prostitution!
Quote by flipthatchicken
lol i saw Germany and Canada and thought i would jump on the bandwagon.

SO.... anyone else going to Azerbaijan anytime soon.
hue
Quote by Ahyoka
I'd say it all depends on what time of year your coming to America..and how much time you plan on visiting.

I myself am from the Deep South and haven't had the opportunity to personally see all the other parts of the country, I have seen amazing pics from the Northeast in the fall, some parts of the South are nice....particularly the Smokey Mountains of Tennessee and North Carolina. North-West Arkansas has some really beautiful vista's in the Ozarks, but not much else. Also parts of the Mid West are beautiful...particularly places like Colorado and California.

How long do you and your folks plan on visiting?

Im not sure if I'm reading that right but it looks like you are saying that california is in the midwest
For scenery
Go to newmexico/arizona in the wintertime. In the summer if your go to yellowstone national park in montana or acadia national park in newengland. Im from maine origionaly so im sorta board with the area but there are alotta tourists that come and wanna see the lobstering industry.
Maybe while you're there you can join in the hunt for those 8 nukes America has lost.
Ug's Stupidest Member of the Year - 2005
Northern Cali is pretty awesome.
I'm a rockstar without the skills, fame, or income.

Washington Redskins
Quote by chinkboy7
Im not sure if I'm reading that right but it looks like you are saying that california is in the midwest

Well f*** me down a staircase, looks like I did didn't I?

Someone else want to aid the TS? I've lost all credibility here

*Reads Geography book*
Quote by HaKattack
Wait a second..how did KoRn get you into metal? That's like Nancy Reagan getting you into heroin addiction and prostitution!
Quote by Deeg
Maybe while you're there you can join in the hunt for those 8 nukes America has lost.

Don't turn this into a political thread.
Quote by National_Anthem
Quote by Weeping_Demon7

Worst-Atheists (because 90% of them are arrogant bastards)
Best- Music

90% of people are arrogant bastards, regardless of religion.
Quote by Jabman
Don't turn this into a political thread.

It was a suggestion. Calm down.
Ug's Stupidest Member of the Year - 2005
Quote by Deeg
It was a suggestion. Calm down.

Good suggestion that is sure to help out the OP

If I were you I would head to the Grand Canyon. It has to be one of the greatest sites in USA and that whole general area around is really beautiful.
Grand Canyon is pretty amazing, but the Bryce Canyon in Utah is really good too, and only a few hours drive away, so check that out too.

I would also suggest Virginia, the Blue Ridge Mountains are amazing and the skyline drive is one of those things to do before you die I reckon. You'll also be pretty close to Washington DC which I really recommend a visit too, and there's caverns too, like the Luray Caverns which are really fun. North Carolina is good too, and you'll be close to that - the sand dunes are something else. Whole other world.

have a good trip!
Quote by DistantScreams
Awwwww.... CaptainBec that was messed up

Why? Because I rap about reality? Like me and my grandma having a cup of tea?
There ain't no party like my nanna's tea party - heey - ho!
Quote by thewho65
Avoid New Jersey at all costs, for someone just coming here it's not a pleasant place to be.

Ahhh the arm pit of America I live in the **** hole state below it, if you like senery go up to the North East. Vermont is simply stunning during the mid summer early fall.
Come to Mass! You can pahk yah cah in Hahvahd Yahd! (Actually that's illegal)
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
Quote by sock_demon
SO.... anyone else going to Azerbaijan anytime soon.

might be this summer actually
Bторой член в"Русскoй группe."PM Vindication to join
Quote by psychedelic420
I think Tiksi settled the matters. haha great job!

Quote by happytimeharry
The power of Christ compels me...

to touch myself.

Deputy Leader, Secretary General, UG Ambassador USA
Quote by chinkboy7
Stay away from eastern Nebraska unless you like seeing cornfields for miles and miles during the warm season and the fact that everyone I know is obsessed with 311 and Slipnot, or mebe that's just the town I live in.

Ha, ever been to western or central Nebraska? Eastern Nebraska is like HEAVEN.
From what your very first post says, sounds like Yellowstone is the place you wanna be.

Although VA/DC in the fall would be a good suggestion.

I would also highly recommend Alaska, but it isn't really close if you are going to the continental Us...
When I hit 'em from the back, I got them mami's saying dammit man.

When I put it in their mouth, I got them mami's saying duh-huh-huh-muhh.
If you're into swamp land. Come to Michigan.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
I've been to Wyoming and I liked it. After a while it starts getting old, but I'm from crappy northern oklahoma. So Wyoming was enjoyable. I also like Louisiana but there are some rednecks there.
Rainbow
(I'm not gay)
Quote by Crashton
In the summer if your go to yellowstone national park in montana

Actually, very little of Yellowstone is in Montana. The majority of it is in Wyoming.

North Western Wyoming is beautiful. There are lots of other places to visit in that area from the Bighorn Mountains west to Yellowstone. In Thermopolis, WY they have the worlds largest mineral hot springs, Chimney Rock in Shell, WY as well as several dinosaur track sites and digs. Devil's Tower is in eastern Wyoming just on the other side of the Bighorns, thats pretty cool. I guarantee you'll see lots of wildlife too. Coyotes, fox, mule deer, white tail, elk, pronghorn, prairie dogs, red tailed hawks, occasional moose. Yup.

Alaska is another great place to visit in the summer. 24 hours of daylight and it never gets ungodly hot. Denali, salmon runs, fishing at 2:00am, wildlife, countless mountain ranges and scenic rivers like the Tanana, glaciers, drunken natives, you name it. And if you've never walked on tundra I suggest you try. Its fun! Just be sure you bring a good bug repellent! Trust me on this one.
Founder of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Pot Smokers Association. PM me to join.
Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
ak guitarist doesn't dress in the morning. he kills throughout the day and attires himself appropriately

Quote by papersun87
Ha, ever been to western or central Nebraska? Eastern Nebraska is like HEAVEN.

Well never been there but there's supposed to be more scenery in the western part but if eastern nebraska is like heaven then and i think it sucks ass then does it make the rest of it hell?
Avoid major cities at all costs.
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
Page 1 of 2