Are there any advantages? Ive heard some people say running a pod unit into the return jack of a tube amp gives you the warmth of a tube amp with the abilities of the digital modelling. Is this true?

Also ive got another question; I had a podxt a while ago but didnt think it sounded very good, but then after I sold it I found out you changed the setting depending on how you where using it. I was using it with headphones, is there a setting for this that makes it sound better?
Geets:
Dean ML79 w/ OFR
Dean Razorback V
Washburn 2ST Stealth

Amps
Bugera 6260 212
Line 6 Toneport GX

Pedals/effects
Boss MT-2
ISP Decimator
Anyone? I got the impression a lot of people had tried this
Geets:
Dean ML79 w/ OFR
Dean Razorback V
Washburn 2ST Stealth

Amps
Bugera 6260 212
Line 6 Toneport GX

Pedals/effects
Boss MT-2
ISP Decimator
hmm i think the digitalness of the pod would cancel out the tubes. I have a zoom g9 with 2 ruby 12ax7s in it that is ridiculously close to the real thing for 100 quid.
Quote by blAstBeAtz
hmm i think the digitalness of the pod would cancel out the tubes. I have a zoom g9 with 2 ruby 12ax7s in it that is ridiculously close to the real thing for 100 quid.

those are preamp tubes, hes talking about power tubes

I've never tried it
Theres alot of major bands that use the pod pro and tube poweramps so yea its a good idea to try it. Example is Five Finger Death Punch. Only issue is it will still be digitial but the pod pro is about as good as it gets for the most part.
Meshuggah and Lenny Kravitz, among others have used the rack Pod into a tube power amp. Dave mustaine used to use a rocktron prophesy into a marshall power amp.

Digitalness will cancel out the tubes? You have no idea how great they can sound with the modelling off and set correctly.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
I dunno about Power amp but the Pocket POD sounds pretty awesome on my SS amp. Can't wait until my X3 arrive.
To change the sound click tune, then twist the select button, that lets you choose how your going to be using it, from there plug it into the effects return, if using an amp, then plug your guitar into it, Just mess with it and you can get some nice tone.
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
Works a treat for me but my amp is an Atomic Reactor designed to work with modelers such as pod. When its done well its brilliant.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
Thats basically how my set up works, an SS rocktron preamp into a Tube power amp, nice a gritty yet warm for gain and the cleans sound fantastic.
Im all about a hybrid setup. I love the sound of a solid state preamp going into a tube power amp... like the mesa 2:100. One of the best rigs I EVER heard and I've heard a lot of rigs was a hybrid. Digitech preamp into that mesa power amp. It was sweet. Saturated gain tons of lows.... still had all the warmth and loudness of the tubes. And yes if you had your POD set to headphones and then you used it with an amp without changing it, it'll sound like crap.