i live there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! absolutely love it:P but the south island is better than the north island by far
i'll keep on moving along with no time to plant my feet
Quote by aimeeclaire
i live there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! absolutely love it:P but the south island is better than the north island by far

biased!
two and a half men.
Cam,

If you're going to NZL, don't forget your red socks. Beautiful country... enjoy!

Dish
Quote by Cameronrobson
biased!

lol but its the truth!!!!:P
Quote by papersun87
Ever seen Lord of the Rings?

It's kinda like that.

There's fucking hobbits?
two and a half men.
LOTR was filmed in new zealand, by a NZ director:P as was whale rider and the last samurai....its very pretty...but no hobbits
Quote by Muzikh
Absolutely beautiful country, very low crime and very clean.

hahahahahahahaha "very low crime" ...biggest bull**** story ive ever heard,most of the worlds biggest gangs make NZ home, black power,hells angels,mighty mongrel mob,rotovegas knights,the devils henchmen,satans slaves,the headhunters,the grim reapers,OCS crip gang plus loads more i cant remember, the north island is crime ridden mate, most places always have signs warning you to always lock your car and hide valuables, cause you can gurantee they wont be there when you come back,that whole country is ****ed,why im never ever going back ,and if i do its to the south island only,the racism over there is ****ed,politics are ****ed,the weather is ****ed,everything is so god damn expensive as ****. everything is old as **** over there,i was suprised how their are no new houses, everyone lives in houses built from the 70's n ****, only new houses you'll see are if you are in a rich area.
Quote by SOYCD
hahahahahahahaha "very low crime" ...biggest bull**** story ive ever heard,most of the worlds biggest gangs make NZ home, black power,hells angels,mighty mongrel mob,rotovegas knights,the devils henchmen,satans slaves,the headhunters,the grim reapers,OCS crip gang plus loads more i cant remember, the north island is crime ridden mate, most places always have signs warning you to always lock your car and hide valuables, cause you can gurantee they wont be there when you come back,that whole country is ****ed,why im never ever going back ,and if i do its to the south island only,the racism over there is ****ed,politics are ****ed,the weather is ****ed,everything is so god damn expensive as ****. everything is old as **** over there,i was suprised how their are no new houses, everyone lives in houses built from the 70's n ****, only new houses you'll see are if you are in a rich area.

it isn't that racist...just make sure you aren't hanging around in the bad areas in the wrong times. As for crime it isn't that bad, yeah theft is probably the worst crime here but overall most people here are pretty chill, as for everything being old as sh*t thats a lie considering we get a lot of stuff at the same time as Australia. There is plenty of new houses. Man you must of had a crap time in NZ!
Ibanez RG350ex
Quote by Cameronrobson
So, the south island is better than the north?

yeah ,theirs a saying that goes"maori's dont like the south island cause its too cold"
but the south island still has neo-nazi's and asian triad gangs down their, but gangs fight amongst themselves anyway..south island has some amazing places , like this little town called hanmer springs, snowy mountains all around, everything is pretty new,hot springs,wild horses ,it was good fun.

but on the north ,theirs still beautiful scenery,although it can get boring looking at green hills with cows and sheep all day when you travel..idk, what ever happens to you there im sure will be a good learning experience, was for me..
the south island is so definitely the best!!! kaikoura is like amazingly beautiful (ok majorly biased coz i used to live there) but its this little coastal town sourrounded by mountains with whale watching swimming with dolphons etc touristy stuff. there are gangs a pparently i only just found that out recently but all the poeple whove moved here from other coutnries tell me how much they like NZ and the people and theyve all foudn it much safer so i dont think thatd be a problem
If you're more into sightseeing then i would reccomend the south Island, Queenstown, Marlborough Sounds and Christchurch etc but yeah if you want to come more for shopping or work experience or clubs or whatever i would reccomend the North Island e.g Auckland and Wellington, but not Hamilton, its a hole.
yea just dont walk around Auckland at night cause there were like 11 stabbings round that area in the north island this year
Quote by SOYCD

Yeah, as opposed to Australia where there's no crime or gangs (The next time I walk into a pub and see a guy with a huge beard and insignia on his jacket I'll assume they represent flowers). Parking lots here have the same sort of 'hide valuables and lock doors' signs - in fact I think every city will have them.

The fact there's not many new houses isn't really that much of an issue is it? There's many places in Australia where there's few new houses anyway, there's less than NZ though.

Looking at this it's pretty obvious that he crime rates are close eough between the two countries.

What I said in a thread yesturday:
I've been to Christchurch 3 times, got to see Milford Sound and Marlborough Sound. Probably the two most beautiful places I've seen in my life.

If any of you go to Milford Sound, don't miss out on visiting the underwater observatory, it's a ****ing amazing sight. Like being able to walk around a coral reef.

Or go to some of the glaciers, they're amazing.

And Christchurch is a cool city, it's surrounded by these awesome rolling hills where there's heaps of great walks and views.
How many sheep are there in New Zealand?
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
Quote by SOYCD

This is complete bulls***! Stupid Australian. I LIVE in NZ, there is a moderate amount of crime, not as much as in the US though. It's a beautiful place, I reccomend you visit. I live in the north island but the south is better IMO.
ಠ_ಠ WILL GIVE HEAD

Quote by Myxer
Have to give you props that the funniest post I read in a while
Quote by GogglesVK

hazardmaster has won this thread.

Fender Stratocaster 57' Reissue (Japanese)
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Quote by IlikeTheSKA
How many sheep are there in New Zealand?

more sheep than people something like 20 million, i think theyr gunna take over!
pleased to see that we're agreed the south is better:P though i do agree on the better shops etc in welly
I live here. It blows. Don't come here, trust me.
You are like a hurricane
There's calm in your eye.
And I'm gettin' blown away
To somewhere safer
where the feeling stays.
I want to love you but
I'm getting blown away.
Yeah im from new zealand e do take our country for granted its a great country if your a tourist but if you live here i bored of it i going to europe as soon i have enough money
Quote by SOYCD

What the hell was all that? You clearly know nothing about New Zealand. How about you actually provide some facts and figures to support your statements?
i love newzealand.
never been there, but im inlove with one.
beautiful, full blooded maori boy.
*drools* im a sucker lol.
my sister was concieved there and my mum lived there too.
im hopefully going over there pretty soon.
but my friend told me that if you have a tribal tattoo and you're not maori they'll kick the **** out of you. well im screwed cos im getting a maori-esque mask tattooed soon.
im thinking of making it not visible now... *sigh*
SOUTH ISLAND HERE I COME!!!!
Quote by sspinach
i love newzealand.
never been there, but im inlove with one.
beautiful, full blooded maori boy.
*drools* im a sucker lol.
my sister was concieved there and my mum lived there too.
im hopefully going over there pretty soon.
but my friend told me that if you have a tribal tattoo and you're not maori they'll kick the **** out of you. well im screwed cos im getting a maori-esque mask tattooed soon.
im thinking of making it not visible now... *sigh*
SOUTH ISLAND HERE I COME!!!!

this is somewhat true
gangs arent a problem if you dont want them to be... if you dont go near them they are sweet. just like the rest of the world. i live in whangarei and i recommend going right up the top of north island. .. wicked beaches and pretty laid back. that SOYCD dude is a ****in meathead as he obviously knows nothing about NZ.. he should take a look at his own country before he says NZ'ers are racist. ozzies are the most racist people i have come accross in the world by far.
Last edited by ElliotTW2K6 at Mar 23, 2008,