how do metal bands get noticed. What makes a good metal band stick out from a great metal band?
i think the band needs to be something different. something that not many people have heard before.
Quote by angusfan16
I opened my eyes and found my mother standing next to me with my sheets in one hand and the other hand over her eyes. She said, "Why are you naked!" and i quickly tried to come up with an answer, but all i could get out was, "Feels good man."
stage presence
clean, fast solos
good vocalist (whether screaming or singing, can make or break a band.)

those are my top 3
persistence
keep refining your sound. play as many gigs as possible. do everything you possibly can to promote everything the band does. WORK HARD. rewards like what you want don't come to people who aren't prepared to work VERY hard for it.
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
some sort of crazy gimmick will always be noticed twice as much as music, be very odd or ridiculously innappropriate or wear bondage gear or something
i know its sad but its true especially in metal, cus we are well aware that neither manson nor rammstein are any good musically, just shocking
^And they're not even metal.
If you see me in the pit, know that I'm only there because the metal forum is moving slowly.
Quote by Sn^ke

i think nebarskan is a cool guy, eh wears a nile and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote by stanleybach
Aren't you proud to wear that Nile? You don't afraid of anything man!
Quote by metal_dan
stage presence
clean, fast solos
good vocalist (whether screaming or singing, can make or break a band.)

those are my top 3

+1 to the vocalist especially
if your vocalist is total sh*t, people wont listen.

you gotta play good live shows and make sure any recordings you have are good quality too
Top lel.
Well, good music.

But also, getting a good following in your local community, usually because you're friends with a lot of that scene.

And self-financing your own first album, or a few EPs - with it being good quality.

Luck is one of the most important - when a record label picks you up, loads of better bands have been overlooked and missed.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
A band doesnt necessarily have to do something new and groundbreaking to get noticed. They need drive and motivation, and that needs to be able to be heard through their music. Aside from that, they need a supportive record label and a good deal of luck.
The Kovenant of Terror, Marshal of the Legion of Metal.

Quote by GID (Shamrock)
Br00tal, Terror Kovenant=metal's king

This is always overlooked: work well together as a band, if the music isn't tight you'll just get nothing but heckles: play tight.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
An A bomb.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
They have to outdo their Metal predecessors, re-invent the wheel, and come out with some brand new sounding material.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
This is always overlooked: work well together as a band, if the music isn't tight you'll just get nothing but heckles: play tight.

that too!
Top lel.
Three words:
Giant
****en
boners.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Quote by llanafreak44
Unless he wants to be a melodeth band, WRONG! It's all about br00tality.

*ahem*

I direct you to Conquer All by Behemoth and Lashed to the Slave Stick by Nile.

Both catchy riffs. Although the Conquer All riff was sorta ripped off from Anthrax.
play as many gigs as you can...even if it means playing for just enough to cover transport and accomodation. play in as many town as you can, even if they're all fairly close to each other.

with the money you get from gigs, record a good quality ep. if you can afford to sell it fairly cheap, do that. make sure you play heaps of shows to get the ep out there, and make sure that in the sleeve you have the URL for your myspace / website so people can keep posted on what you're doing.

speaking of myspace, add ****loads of random people. go through peoples friends lists and add everyone
but most importantly, add local (as in fairly small) bands in other countries, hopefully they'll start telling their mates about you.

make sure each member spends about 2 hours minimum every day practicing, most of that being your songs...make them play more anyway to get technical skill down. jam every week, as many times as you can. and this may sound weird, but tab your songs into guitar pro and send it to everyone in the band. that way everyone can still spend as much time as they like working on the song.

and don't just sit there waiting for gigs to come to you...talk to venue owners, see if they'll recomend you to anyone who might need an extra band to play. and organise ****loads of shows.

there's a lot more, but that would take a month to write
Quote by B4Dkarma
When you look at a guy and immediately go, "wow, what a douchebag"

that is what girls find attractive.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

Like Decapitated. Tighter than a 7 year old
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
/\ Nice.
You need something to make you stick out from everyone else as stated before. Technichal skill with your instrument is a huge fuckin bonus too. A unique voice helps too. And you have to have lots of fun or at least seem to. People will appreciate bands that are having fun playing the music they like more.
The clock strikes midnight
When tomorrow and today collide
The moon is at its highest
And the twilight seems fitting
For in these moments
The light at the end of the world
Shines like a thousand suns....

Victor Gutierrez