Hey guys, for the past few weeks the input jack on my G400 keeps working it's way loose (due to the cable in it moving around no doubt) I have opened the back up twice and given it a good tightening but it just keeps working it's way loose again, is there a more perminant solution to this problem than just tightening it up?

Thanks.

Glue???
FEED ME MATHCORE

Quote by sashki

I also speak German, except no-one gives a shit.

GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE, AWAKE WHEN THE SUN HITS THE SKY
you could try taking it to a guitar shop near by ... would probably be something simple and cheap to fix
If you didn't try tightening it with a pliers, try that and if you did and it still got loose then you should try getting a new nut because yours might be stripped.
Quote by Themann810
whenever im about to bang a chick she turns into a guy WTF why does this happen
You probably just need a lock nut washer, there like 2 cents.
Last edited by Aeolipile at Feb 27, 2008,
Replace the nut/washer on the outside, the jack itself might need replaced if something's worn down (these cost about £1.20 and you can solder them on in 5 minutes). I recently changed an Epi LP jack because it was crackling and the new one is uber tight, little/no movement.
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)
Quote by roythereaper
Replace the nut/washer on the outside, the jack itself might need replaced if something's worn down (these cost about £1.20 and you can solder them on in 5 minutes). I recently changed an Epi LP jack because it was crackling and the new one is uber tight, little/no movement.

would work... or you might just try lock-tite on the one you have.
apparently UG's only type O-

Quote by Strike9

Thanks jb_designs.
there's this stuff called 'lok nut'

i had the persistant probelm on my SG, and my dad fixed it by putting lok nut on it.

yes, i think it is spelt that way.
KAPTAINS - Coming Soon!
-
Epiphone G-400 Custom
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
-
Crybaby
Digitech Bad Monkey
EHX Little Big Muff Pi
Danelectro Transparent Overdrive
Boss BF3
-
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Marshall G50RCD
I awould fix it soon, cause i have had to resolder my output jack twice, (going to be 3 in about 3 minutes) due to it spinning around inside and pulling the wire loose
Hello
The product you want is called LOCTITE but only use the Green or Blue, the Red is high strength and requires heating before you can undo it.
When you tighten the nut make sure to hold the Jack from the back so it does not spin.

Seems to be a real problem with guitars these days.
YA GOTTA HIT IT ON THE ONE
pics of gear updated on profile 11/16/09
Hmm ok I shall look into LOCTITE, how exactly would I apply it? And where?
Just put a few dabs at the top of the threads on the jack and a lillte on the threads of the nut and tighten it down and let it sit for however long the bottle says and thats it.
It will stay in place until you want it to come off.
YA GOTTA HIT IT ON THE ONE
pics of gear updated on profile 11/16/09