Page 1 of 3
psh i got my two-rock custom reverb downstairs but i don't feel like walking down to take pix
My Gear:
Epi standard les paul
Taylor 110 acoustic
Fender blues junior amp
Fulltone OCD
yeah, but i see threads dedicated to SG's, Telecasters, etc. why can't there be a "boutique amp" thread?
Quote by which ones pink
Pics of your gear thread dude.

Some people don't want to thumb through 30 million Strats, Rg's, and line 6 spiders to find the boutique amps.
I suppose I'll play along. Cage Corsa 30W head. 4xEL84, 1xGZ34, 2x5751 (stock, I have a telefunken 12AX7 in the preamp and a Mullard 12AX7 in the phase inverter now.) Very touch-sensitive. It has a unique tone, somewhere between a fender and a more badass AC30 depending on how it's set.

Gorgeous! Pete Cage does work on my amps, but I have never played one of his.
Guitar
Ernie Ball Music Man Silhouette Special
Washburn WI64
Martin D-15
Amps
1960s Harmony
Rocktron/Egnater TOL 50 2x12
Rivera Chubster 55
FX
Fulltone OCD v.1
Keeley TS808
Voodoo Labs Superfuzz
Wilson WH10
Boss DD-20
im dreaming of a hiwatt dave gilmour head with all mullard tubes. played through a marshall cab, or some yamaha rotating speaker cabinets.
Quote by el-ECTRO
you again

damn i could've done a much better response for ntchode 'Owner of UGs hugest penis'
Quote by guitarman216
that Cage is pretty sexy. have you tried spanking it with a boost out front?

Just got a lovepedal boost of tone. Warm clean boost. It's awesome, really brings the jazzy Twin reverb sound out of it, which I've never been able to get in an amp with less than 85 watts. It really screams with an Eternity boosting it, too. Clean boost plus eternity stacked into the Corsa on 10 is the best OD tone I've ever had.
Quote by Roc8995
Just got a lovepedal boost of tone. Warm clean boost. It's awesome, really brings the jazzy Twin reverb sound out of it, which I've never been able to get in an amp with less than 85 watts. It really screams with an Eternity boosting it, too. Clean boost plus eternity stacked into the Corsa on 10 is the best OD tone I've ever had.

when i had my AC30CC2, i LOVED the tone when i used a Maxon OD808 out front. :]
Quote by -Collapse-
This isn't the pit. So GTFO, please. =]

Coming from a Crate fanboy....
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by guitarman216
when i had my AC30CC2, i LOVED the tone when i used a Maxon OD808 out front. :]

Well, the Corsa has a little AC30 vibe sometimes, and the Eternity has some tubescreamer DNA, but the similarities, end there. It's a much different tone than you'd get with that pair. I'll post some clips one of these days.
Mesa Dual Rec Road King 2.

And some older ones without road cases...

Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Quote by thefrigginbob
That Cage looks sick.

What counts as "boutique"?

If you have never heard of it, it's boutique...
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
Quote by MESAexplorer
Coming from a Crate fanboy....

*sigh* that doesn't mean I don't appreciate or buy anything else.
And I didn't post joke amps in the boutique thread. Or any Crate amps for that matter.

I'll admit it, Crate don't have a good track record. But I have a practice amp that has sweet cleans, and a Cab that completely rips.
So I stand by them, because they've been good to me.
I was just asking, usually when I think of boutique I think of splawn, mako, bogner, and framus type amps, not mesa, engl, or anything like that...
Quote by Untitled001
*COUGH*

Rich.

I'm not rich but I don't find it hard to save a bit of each of my paychecks to get something that I really want.
Quote by thefrigginbob
I'm not rich but I don't find it hard to save a bit of each of my paychecks to get something that I really want.

Ah... Good, you're someone who works for their gear.. For that I take back my comment...

But the RICHBOI comment now goes to cowdude up there who's only 15.
Quote by Untitled001
Ah... Good, you're someone who works for their gear.. For that I take back my comment...

But the RICHBOI comment now goes to cowdude up there who's only 15.

Thanks for throwing me in the epic fail category...
Quote by thrilla13w

Quote by Slaytanic1993
umm/ i don't think mesa qualifies as boutique anymore.

and i'm not rich. i'm 25, and all my money goes to tuition and gear. well, it WENT to gear. my rig is done, so yeah, its all for tuition now.

i'm a full time college student who works a part time job at a call centre.

i'm hardly "rich"

Ahhh no damn, I guess Eric forgot to give me mine when I played Crossroads with him. That's too bad. I'll have to call him about that.

[/awkward crossroads mishap fantasy]
Quote by guitarman216
umm/ i don't think mesa qualifies as boutique anymore.

Yeah, when you have your own mountain at the front of Guitar Center, you're not boutique.
mesa's not boutique.
boutique:
soldano
bogner
tophat
dr. z
bad cat
reinherdt
and a lot more
Or /13. Also might I add that Goodsell amps are incredibly sexy...
Quote by thrilla13w

Quote by Slaytanic1993
Quote by kiefermatot
That Bogner and Soldano aren't even yours.

hate to break it to you, but they are.
OK, let's not rattle off all the boutique amp makers here. It will never end. More pics!
Page 1 of 3