I was wondering what scales hardcore bands generally use when they are writing music. For instance, i know pop punk bands use a mostly major scales in their music. Anything someone has would be great.
Definitely minor scales over majors, flatted 6ths, flatted fifths. Also, there's an interval called a tritone, which is 3 whole tones or six frets that sounds "heavy." You will also want to tune your guitar down. At least tune your low E down to D and then maybe from there, tune all strings down another 1/2 step or whole step, or 1 1/12 steps, which would make your low string C#/Db, C, or B. Have fun.
Tritone is a flatted fifth.
Quote by Johnljones7443
my neew year reslosutions are not too drikn as much lol.

happy new yeeae guyas.
Quote by DarTHie
Tritone is a flatted fifth.

No. A tritone is an interval spanning three whole tones. This is equal to an augmented fourth. A diminished fifth, while being enharmonically equivalent to a tritone, is slightly different (not in pitch but in function).
well the type of hardcore ill be playing is similiar to taht of like A day to remember and funeral for a friend, silversten, stuff like that. Thanks for the info, i was thinking probably major over minor, but i was not sure.. THank again!
I always use harmonic minor's but I play stuff like At The Throne Of Judgment and The Black Dahlia Murder.
im not a metal player myself but a few of my friends who are use the lochrian mode a fair bit
Quote by isaac_bandits
No. A tritone is an interval spanning three whole tones. This is equal to an augmented fourth. A diminished fifth, while being enharmonically equivalent to a tritone, is slightly different (not in pitch but in function).

A tritone is either a #4 or a b5, depending on the situation.
DANNY

Quote by kevinm4435 to some guy
hey d00d i herd u dont like shred u r a genius 4 thinkin dat. all shred is fukin lame wit no soul u no wat im sayin??