before you you say it...yes i've used the search bar lol, but i couldnt find anything about my itunes niggle.

okay

well i keep all my music on a separate hardrive and normally it works fine with itunes, but lately i'll plug it in, load itunes, try and play a song, then it'll do that thing with a little exclamation point and i have to manually re add the songs, then i have two of every song and i have to delete the ones with the exclamation points,

SO i was wondering if there was a way to delete the exclamation point songs but keep the actual working songs en mass

its strange though..its never done this before, i think it might because i left my hard drive out for a few days

any help will be greatly appreciated
Check what drive your external is. I use to have this problem, because I used virtual drives, so if i loaded my external after boot, It would read F:\ instead of E:\, so none of the songs would play. If this is the cases there are plenty of places online to help you change your external drive's letter.
View>Show Duplicates

Ctrl+A, delete.

Be wary though, this will also bring up songs that you have 2 versions of, for example a live version or the same track on an album and a greatest hits compilation.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
Quote by rbfj1489
Check what drive your external is. I use to have this problem, because I used virtual drives, so if i loaded my external after boot, It would read F:\ instead of E:\, so none of the songs would play. If this is the cases there are plenty of places online to help you change your external drive's letter.

Happened 2 me b4. Make sure the drive name that you have saved for itunes to read is the same as it was
"Even though I've found God, I still love blow jobs, and I still say fuck." - Dave Mustaine

You know, when you, like, you grab a woman's breast and it's... and you feel it and... it feels like a bag of sand when you're touching it.
unplug the harddrive, then delete ur entire itunes library, then plug the drive back in, select all songs on it, then right click, and play with itunes, puts them all into your library
Proud member of r0k 4 Chr15t club, PM T3hRav3n/christianbassis to join.

The Rig:
Dean Icon
Cimar strat-copy
Ibanez GRX-40
Dean Edge-1 Bass
Digitech RpX400
Peavey Rage 158

Creater of Tuba players united, pm to join.
Quote by -February-Star-
View>Show Duplicates

Ctrl+A, delete.

Be wary though, this will also bring up songs that you have 2 versions of, for example a live version or the same track on an album and a greatest hits compilation.

Wow I reallly misread the title:

Extreme Sexual Hardrive time

Anyhoo I believe this guy is right , Same-ish thing happened to me.
Rag Mop Do Do Duh DoDo Dedo Do!!!!!

R_A_G_G_M_O_P_P

RAGMOP