There's a girl at my college selling a sunburst 2001 MIM Telecaster for about $225. The condition is pretty good, only one noticeable ding. Everything else seems to be fine. Is this a good deal?
yes! it is a pretty good deal
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
ok, since her initial asking price was $225, im thinking of offering $150 first. i havent actually played it, but she said it hasnt really been played much, and theres a sorta big dent on the bottom of this thing. any advice on testing it/haggling?
Quote by Kentris.5
Do the usual, check out the intonation, action, plug it in make sure the electronics work, etc. Although, if the strings are crap then it might make it difficult to determine if the playability of the instrument is off in some way.

..yea she said they really need new strings
Quote by jaypooner
ok, since her initial asking price was $225, im thinking of offering $150 first. i havent actually played it, but she said it hasnt really been played much, and theres a sorta big dent on the bottom of this thing. any advice on testing it/haggling?

That's some monster lowballing and seems like an assholish thing to do. The price is already really low. The lowest I'd go is $200.

Why bother checking action and intonation and such. Even if it's off, it's easily adjustable and I hardly see how it'd be a dealbreaker. I'd be most concerned about whether or not you jive with the neck (and guitar and general) and making sure that the neck is straight and the electronics work.