i read recently that playing the opening bars to stairway to heaven can get you thrown out of a guitar shop and really huge led zep fans dont actually listen to it. surely it aint that cliche'd or tabboo surely like what stigma is there attached to it? i just really like it myself any ideas why people think that of it?
upon discussing Shay Laren..

Originally Posted by FloyDZeD
I googled her, and now I have a boner. Thanks a lot.

and horny things we done as youngsters, this one involving involving poo..

Quote by meh17
1 Toddler 1 Cup

epic
too overplayed i guess
Quote by AAAAAAAAAARGH
Gold/Silver/Crystal.

Simply because I could breed the pokemon, and act out my sick sexual fantasies between Dittos and Chanseys.

Quote by bequickorbedead
She had sex..with my...AIDS?
It's still a good song, and an employee has no right to throw you out of their shop if you play it.
666 BRO
It's still a good song, and an employee has no right to throw you out of their shop if you play it

they do if they have a sign up and a lot of places do
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
No Stairway! Denied!
2 ducks and a rabbi walk into a bar.
The rabbi enjoys a nice drink and the ducks are shooed out so that health services aren't called in.
The day proceeds as normal.
Quote by Kankuro
It's still a good song, and an employee has no right to throw you out of their shop if you play it.

Especially if you play the Rodrigo y Gabriela and/or the Stanley Jordan version.

Quote by Magic Jim
waynes world

Lulz... The drum solo was amazing XD
hue
Quote by Magic Jim
No Stairway! Denied!

No Stairway.

xD
"Punk is a state of mind, and no one can take that away from you."
Quote by Eggmond

yeah ive seen a sign saying not to play that and a few other over played songs
Quote by .arkness:.
I see my guitar as a chick because I'd be damned if i were ever holding / fingering a guy for hours a day.

...yeeup
i'm sure "huge" led zep fans listen to it in between their "real" led zep songs...
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
Quote by Eggmond

yeah exactly why dont they like it being played? i woulda thought if its because guitar shops are tired of hearing opening bars to songs it woulda been teen spirit
upon discussing Shay Laren..

Originally Posted by FloyDZeD
I googled her, and now I have a boner. Thanks a lot.

and horny things we done as youngsters, this one involving involving poo..

Quote by meh17
1 Toddler 1 Cup

epic
no stairway! Denied!
Waynes world

EDIT: dam like three people beat me to it
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Quote by Eggmond

Which makes me hate Guitar shop employees even more than I already do.
666 BRO
some guitar shop employees are "likeomgway2elitist" but i'd have to agree that when i hear some ****ing noob struggling to get out the first few bars of stairway to heaven, i have a serious need to pwn them
I consider myself a "real" Zeppelin fan and I'm a big Stairway fan, however it is really overplayed and when I hear a song of that magnitude and greatness get butchered by a beginner who thinks he's the shiz it kills me on the inside a bit.

That being said listening to the high pitched squeal of Sweet Child 100 times a day would drive anyone insane and a lot of guitarists are SHOCKINGLY elitists who only listen to "real" songs...you know the ones that are never on the radio.
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Traynor YCV 50 Custom Blue

Quote by Dee'snutz
YES! you, Dazed/confused, are a genius. my thanks to you, good friend
Most guitar shops won't let you play it because otherwise 30 kids a day who don't know how to play it will be sitting there butchering a beautiful piece of music that's been run into the ground since the 70s.

As far as "hard" Zep fans, I'm a huge Zep fan and I love stairway. I don't know that there's a stigma as far as listening to it unless you're an elitist asshole, but IMO it's a masterpiece that shoulden't be attempted in public unless you can REALLY play it, not just plunk out similier notes.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
unless you have a Gibson double neck and a marshall full stack at the guitar shop, you SHOULD NOT play stairway.
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Quote by Dazed/Confused
you know the ones that are never on the radio.

Which is why I'm pissed off Nickleback's latest song has been such a huge hit
well, it was good for the first 50 times, or until you listen to it on record and see how terribly out of tune jimmy page was...what was he on? bleah. anyways, it's way way way too overplayed

Quote by wilty00
Aren't you kind of scared walking around in the dark with a carniverous loon on the loose?
I heard someone trying to play it in a guitar shop the other day.

In the real world, real guitar players don't mind.
i listen to stairway. its one of my favorite songs but it is overplayed.
Quote by H4t3BR33D3R
fourteen?
For Christ sake she probably couldn't get to the center of a Tootsie Pop let alone suck your **** properly. Just get someone your own age you tosser.
I love Led Zeppelin, allways skip that song. I've heard it so many times, I can't be bothered.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices