i just bought a brand new Palomino v16 yesterday from guitar center and here is the problem.... When i first turned it on and let it warm up the light never turned on which isn't that bad but there was also a bad static buzzing. the guitar made sound through it and it sounded good except the buzz. I also noticed a hot kind of electrical smell. I turned it off and put it up for the night. today when i tried it again it works perfectly except for the light, no buzz and no smell. I would just take it back no questions asked but Guitar center is about an hour away, and they don't have another one so i will have t drive back again to pick up one if they order it for me. What do you guys think is it alright? The light doesn't bother me
Take it back, the light should be working either way, and if it's showing problems now then it might very well be foreshadowing of problems to come. And knowing human luck, the defect will appear just after the warrantee is up. Just take it back and get it fixed, it will be worth the pain in the ass.
it has a 5 year factory warranty, and i just dont want to drive an hour each way to tahe it back and then an hour each way again to get the new one. since they don't have one in stock
Alright I just took it back to guitar center and they couldn't find another one in a box anywhere. They eventually gave me an extended warranty so I could send it back for free. But what they didn't tell me is that I have to wait 60 days for the in store exchange policy to go up. So now in stuck with an amp that i don't know if it is safe to use for 2 months. I'm PISSED i'm never gonna buy anything there again
Quote by mitchp420
Alright I just took it back to guitar center and they couldn't find another one in a box anywhere. They eventually gave me an extended warranty so I could send it back for free. But what they didn't tell me is that I have to wait 60 days for the in store exchange policy to go up. So now in stuck with an amp that i don't know if it is safe to use for 2 months. I'm PISSED i'm never gonna buy anything there again

Well if it blows up, you're covered. And that's how most stores work. In fact, that is great of them to do that so it doesn't eat time out of your extended warranty. No reason to be pissed at someone for actually being accommodating AND doing somethign very reputable for you.