THE GREAT DESTROYER OF ALL TUBES. I out E34L's in it. It fried them. I thought maybe it didn't like those tubes or something so I tried regular EL34's and now its trying to fry them too. I'm done with it.

If I go pure cash I can get a B-52 head tomorrow if I pleased. I have a pretty steady job, and if I finance something, I can get whatever I want up to about $1200 USD. Throw me some suggestions! I play thrash, classic metal, classic rock, and the shreddy stuff. I'm not looking for brilliant cleans, but I do need some solid crunch.

Make me feel better UG.
Yeah the head has been out a while now. To be honest I don't even want to get it fixed. It was an impulse buy. I got it right as I joined these forums. I need something a little more versatile anyway.
^I think he thought it was the combo.

However, yes, I think the combo is out, at least at musicians friend.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Did you...bias the amp?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
The combo is out at a local store here, don't you guys have them...?
Not impressed with the combo, either.
Epiphone Les Paul goldtop (EMG 81/85)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Jay Turser JT200 Serpent (GFS Crunchy Rails/Crunchy Pat)
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H
Quote by truespin
The combo is out at a local store here, don't you guys have them...?
Not impressed with the combo, either.

No, everyone forgot about them because they were supposed to be released, december of 06.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Yes the amp was biased. It is still baking the tubes. I need to go somewhere and shop around.
Quote by MatrixClaw
Did you...bias the amp?

probably that.
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

So the Windsor kills tubes, huh?

I was planning on buying one, I hope you just got a dud or something.

How would the amp handle, let's say, heavy classic rock, and nothing but?
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
I'd have to agree...

I've changed the tubes three times now within a year (and yes, I set the bias). It's now sitting in some corner of my drummers house...piece of ****.

I wouldn't recommend this amp to anyone.
Quote by 5/4
I'd have to agree...

I've changed the tubes three times now within a year (and yes, I set the bias). It's now sitting in some corner of my drummers house...piece of ****.

I wouldn't recommend this amp to anyone.

Dammit, are you serious!?!

That pisses me off to no end.

I can't believe it. The minute I find something great it has to piss all over itself.

Maybe I'll get one that doesn't burn tubes, I hope.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
I'm gettin a new amp, like I said. It isn't versatile enough anyway. Wish I would have thought that before I bought it.
Quote by ThrashIsGreat
I'm gettin a new amp, like I said. It isn't versatile enough anyway. Wish I would have thought that before I bought it.

If versatility was your problem, that doesn't apply to me.

I play NO cleans, and the only effect I use is a wah (and that's only on occasion)

I just need an amp that can go into hard classic rock territory. (think of something in between AC/DC and GnR)

That's all. Nothing more and nothing less. If I need to play cleans, my Champ can do em' just fine.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
i've had my windsor for atleast 6 months now and its been fine for me, doesnt even get very hot even when i crank it.
mine is fine also
"Prefiero morir parado que vivir siempre arrodillado" - Ernesto "El Che" Guevara de la Serna (1928 - 1967)
Quote by dudetheman
If versatility was your problem, that doesn't apply to me.

I play NO cleans, and the only effect I use is a wah (and that's only on occasion)

I just need an amp that can go into hard classic rock territory. (think of something in between AC/DC and GnR)

That's all. Nothing more and nothing less. If I need to play cleans, my Champ can do em' just fine.

Windsor should fit you.

Also, of course there are always duds and bad ones, but this is the first time I heard them frying tubes, so don't worry.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009