Right now, I'm using a Boss GT-8 and an Agile 3100. I had stock pups in this axe, then I decided to throw a Super Distortion in the bridge position. Due to the difficulty with soldering the SD to the points it should be soldered to, I just snipped the original stock pup out, and twisted/soldered then taped the existing wires to the SD. However, I noticed that the SD has quite a bit more wires in each colored cable. I'm asking this because I didn't noticed a drastic change in tone... Would wiring from pup to the pots improve my tone at all? Does it matter? Am I not getting the pups full potential unless I solder the pups wires to the pots?
Quote by rocknrollgod
well i can tall you this much do NOT get a marshall MG. becasue you will blow the speaker with duncans in the guitar. i know for experience.

Quote by Gutch220
Leave it to UGer's to argue over who "owns" a language

Nobody? I figured this was an easy answer.
Quote by rocknrollgod
well i can tall you this much do NOT get a marshall MG. becasue you will blow the speaker with duncans in the guitar. i know for experience.

Quote by Gutch220

The Extra wires are for coil splitting. Go to the sd website and follow intructions and install it right.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
But, am I missing out on potential tone if I'm not wiring from pup to pots? Or is it ok? I don't want to be sucking out some sick fat tone that I could have if I wired differently. It's just a hassle. I'm in the middle of moving, and I don't really want to pester me GFs dad with something like this at the moment, but I know for a fact I can't solder them to the pots alone. There's too many wires and **** for me to work solo on that. However, if it really will make a nice difference, I'll take the time to ask him if he'll assist me.
Quote by rocknrollgod

Quote by Gutch220