Been looking at the Bugera 6260 for a while with interest but i know B-52s are great amps, both are said to have really solid distortion. I will be playing with a drummer, but i think 120w of tubes is too much to get it decently cranked, which is a plus for the B-52 st60, which is 60w which is better id think.
I play a wide range, but mainly i want it to be able to do Ozzy, Iron Maiden, Coheed and Cambria, and such like.
anyone have experience or input on either of these amps?
If you go for a B-52, it's gotta be an AT not ST.
I had a B-52 AT-100 a while back. The thing broke down on me within the first weak. And it overheated like hell. If I played for more than an hour, the front faceplate was untouchable. It would burn my fingers if I touched it for more than a few seconds.

I've had no experience with the Bugera though, and no experience with the ST-60 either,
if you get a B-52 when ever you tell people you have one they'll start quoting Love Shack
Rockin' shit
Quote by me_llamo_juan
If you go for a B-52, it's gotta be an AT not ST.
I had a B-52 AT-100 a while back. The thing broke down on me within the first weak. And it overheated like hell. If I played for more than an hour, the front faceplate was untouchable. It would burn my fingers if I touched it for more than a few seconds.

I've had no experience with the Bugera though, and no experience with the ST-60 either,

so surely i shouldnt get an AT? seeing as it overheated on you, thus ST=better choice
Quote by jimmyhotpants
if you get a B-52 when ever you tell people you have one they'll start quoting Love Shack

and I'll laugh at their amp ignorance
Quote by stephen_rettie
i think 120w of tubes is too much to get it decently cranked...

The Bugeras have a lot of gain/distortion in the preamp.I can get anything from Iron Maiden to death metal at bedroom volumes. Unless you are really after that elusive "power amp" distortion, which I never really understood the tonal differences.

I haven't heard the B-52 in person. It may be better for your lighter style of metal.
5150 Combo
LTD Viper 400 (EMG 81/85)
If you get the AT100, swap out all preamps with something higher quality, and throw and EQ in the FX loop. Made mine sound 100 times better, that is until it broke down again. Good sound possible, reliability a problem. Mines been in the shop twice now in a year, and the last time I had to ship it to Cali to have it worked on. So, you take your chances. Haven't heard much about the bugera stuff yet.
Quote by BRussu
If you get the AT100, swap out all preamps with something higher quality, and throw and EQ in the FX loop. Made mine sound 100 times better, that is until it broke down again. Good sound possible, reliability a problem. Mines been in the shop twice now in a year, and the last time I had to ship it to Cali to have it worked on. So, you take your chances. Haven't heard much about the bugera stuff yet.

Did you buy yours new or used? I have only really heard reliability problems with the older models.
Quote by acdcrocks0323
Did you buy yours new or used? I have only really heard reliability problems with the older models.

Bought it brand new about a year ago. I took it home in the box, so it wasn't a floor model or anything. It looses volume, crackles and pops. I swapped all preamps and it still does it. I just dropped $150 on shipping it back to them. I love the sound I can get out of it, but I think I'm gonna trade it in for a ValveKing once I get it back.
Well a lot of people here forget why high gain amps are 100 watts or more. It's not about volume. In tube amps I mean.
Quote by acdcrocks0323

Yeah the newer ones have fans in them so they should be alright.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.