So I'm looking at building my own guitar. I want to put a Floyd Rose on but I keep finding Licensed in stead of the real ones. What do you guys think about getting Licensed ones instead of getting the real thing?
Good Ultimate-Guitar deals:
s.r.v. / Soapboxhero / dbrettw / laxduck / O00Coolzero00O / 1mmpick

Good Harmony-Central deals:

Quicksilver 689 / antiochband / KjStrat / Critter / guillatool1

Good SevenString.org deals:

Guitarmiester / TMM
Kahler bridges are a really good alternative. Sorry I cant be more helpful though. I can't really comment beyond that, as I only have a ZR trem (still pretty good mind).
Gear:
Ibanez S470 (EMG 81/S/85)
Sigma DMC-15E
Laney VH100R
Laney 4x12 Cab
Ibanez Weeping Demon
M-Audio ProKeys 88
Mbox 3 Pro
KRK RP6 G2's
Plum Team FTW!

X
If your to get a licensed one, get a Schaller or Gotoh.
They're the best quality ones that aren't 'Original', which is what you'll be after.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
the real ones are very expensive, you can get some decent licensed ones, which are pretty much as good as, but they will cost a relatively high amount too
Quote by Kingyem0c0re
If your to get a licensed one, get a Schaller or Gotoh.
They're the best quality ones that aren't 'Original', which is what you'll be after.

If you talk to Suhr, Gotoh makes a better trem than Schaller does (who also makes the OFR). Gotoh also made the Ibanez Edge and LoPro Edge, and comes with locking studs. Kahlers aren't bad, bu tcan have tuning issues due to their nut setup.
Quote by CJRocker
If you talk to Suhr, Gotoh makes a better trem than Schaller does (who also makes the OFR). Gotoh also made the Ibanez Edge and LoPro Edge, and comes with locking studs. Kahlers aren't bad, bu tcan have tuning issues due to their nut setup.

From what I know, I don't think Schaller are making the OFR now.
Gotoh are supposed to be the best aftermarket FR Style Trem available too.
And Kahlers nut set-up? You mean the behind the normal nut? I have the Washburn Wonderbar Locking Nut on my LP behind the nut and I've never had a problem at all, I'm fitting a Kahler USA Locking nut to another LP too, doesn't seem to pose a problem so why not try.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Quote by Kingyem0c0re
From what I know, I don't think Schaller are making the OFR now.
Gotoh are supposed to be the best aftermarket FR Style Trem available too.
And Kahlers nut set-up? You mean the behind the normal nut? I have the Washburn Wonderbar Locking Nut on my LP behind the nut and I've never had a problem at all, I'm fitting a Kahler USA Locking nut to another LP too, doesn't seem to pose a problem so why not try.

Oh? Who is making OFRs now? Not too many companies that are setup to do them. The issue with Kahler's nut setup is it leaves the nut in the way of the strings, so they can still snag and get caught there. Kahlers are one of those things people either say are really good or are worthless pieces of crap.