right, assuming its not my **** pups making my bass sound completely dull and muddy, what are good EQ settings for slap bass?

im using an ashdown 300W 410 combo with a 5 band EQ and a P bass special [copy]

(thats 1 split coil and J pup if you didnt know )

thoughts?

thanks guys
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
set your bass setting first, put the treble one or two above the bass setting, and set your mids two or three below your bass (or just turn them down entirely if you're too lazy to get the setting right)
Bullsh*t on the amp.
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)
i dont play bass but mud usually comes from the low mids being too high, like if you've got a 5 band eq it'll be the second band from the left. dullness is usually the highs too low which are usually on the right of a graphic eq
Dancing In Your Dust
Quote by TMKA
set your bass setting first, put the treble one or two above the bass setting, and set your mids two or three below your bass (or just turn them down entirely if you're too lazy to get the setting right)

Cheers! i'll write that down methinks i just noticed that in the sticky, anything in particular for the in between bass/treble and mids? or just follow the general scooped pattern?

Quote by roythereaper
Bullsh*t on the amp.

http://www.polestarstudios.co.uk/

enter>rehersal studios>equipment spec (studio 3)>pic of huge bass amp
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
http://www.polestarstudios.co.uk/

enter>rehersal studios>equipment spec (studio 3)>pic of huge bass amp

Heh, impressive.

[/spam]
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
Cheers! i'll write that down methinks i just noticed that in the sticky, anything in particular for the in between bass/treble and mids? or just follow the general scooped pattern?

try setting the lower mid at 2 below the bass and each following knob one below the previous

the mids are a big part of your tone's "definition", so id experiment a bit until you find the exact sound you're looking for
Generally you are looking at is a scooped (to some degree) midrange and slightly higher treble than bass. How much midrange you want to remove is up to you and your tone as is the level of bass and treble.
Quote by tunasband
Who's ug?