So I just bought a used 1954 MIA Strat Reissue, a wonderful guitar and such but, had a quick question about the old fashion string guide on the Headstock, it seems the High E string just easily slips out from under it with even a very light touch. It doesnt present much of a problem, butt I'd like to know if this is normal or not because I just spent a decent of money and wanna make sure every things in good shape before the GC Warranty runs out. ty
Quote by StratoHSS
So I just bought a used 1954 MIA Strat Reissue, a wonderful guitar and such but, had a quick question about the old fashion string guide on the Headstock, it seems the High E string just easily slips out from under it with even a very light touch. It doesnt present much of a problem, butt I'd like to know if this is normal or not because I just spent a decent of money and wanna make sure every things in good shape before the GC Warranty runs out. ty

Just one question: is the string coming from under the string tree during regular playing?

Normally, if you press on the string behind the nut, you can easily get the string out from under the string tree, but during regular playing this shouldn't happen.

On the other hand, a string tree is a quick and cheap fix, so you shouldn't be too worried about the warranty.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Well when i bought it it was out from under the tree, So i was wondering if it came out from playing or if some one just messed around with it. So far it hasnt come out at all while playing that I know of. But thank you for your help