Hey guys, I posted earlier about getting a new guitar.. I have a fairly expensive guitar and I'm totally fine with how it feels and that stuff and I can't like afford a new one atm lol.. But I'm not sure my EMG's I have loaded in it are for me. I told people I played todays pop punk/rock, heavier rock (Maybe into the Underoath area their guitars don't really sound metal.) , some RHCP type stuff (I need nice clear, warm cleans, the EMG's are muddyyyy)

What should I be looking at?

edit; I'm borrowing a friends 1985 Jap Strat and I love the cleans I get out of those fender single coils.. But I can't get anything useable for my style out of the dirty channels on my amp with the singlecoils.

Edit2; the reason I don't know if I should be using the EMG 81/85 set is because I don't really play metal .. but somewhere in me says I should just buy a separate guitar because I can tend to play it sometimes.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Last edited by tr3nt at Feb 27, 2008,
If you like the feel of the hellraiser, try the C-1 Classic. Humbuckers that do metal fine, and good cleans. It splits into single coils i think.
Coil splits are all fine and dandy if you want a half-assed single coil sound. I say get some kind of P-90 in the neck. That would give you some really nice cleans and a overdriven sound with more midrange than strat single coils.
Last edited by acdcrocks0323 at Feb 27, 2008,
I was considering that.. but the standard, would it be a downgrade from the Hellraiser? I mean it's going to cost alot to top the Schecter but if I have to spend more money, I don't want to downgrade ;\.

Edit; but that doesn't mean, hey he can spend $1000, *recomend $1000 guitar*
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Quote by tr3nt
I was considering that.. but the standard, would it be a downgrade from the Hellraiser? I mean it's going to cost alot to top the Schecter but if I have to spend more money, I don't want to downgrade ;\.

Edit; but that doesn't mean, hey he can spend $1000, *recomend $1000 guitar*

All you would have to do is get the same controls as the Classic and wire in a set of pups yourself. You wouldn't have to buy a whole new guitar. You can probably sell your EMGs and get enough money to buy new pups and upgrade without spending any money.
what do you mean

I mean you take out the EMGs in your current guitar and sell them on ebay or something. Then buy some passive pickups and put them in your guitar. You will upgrade without spending any money. Just a little time and effort.
get p-90's or medium output hb's
and yes emgs are soooo muddy, and terrible
heh..