Hi, i'm currently in the process of my first custom build.

I have a couple of quick questions:

1) I am guessing that a split pot is a pot that you can push the knob down on, so that you are changing a different setting. Is this correct?

2) Are onboard effects any good, or are they useless?

Thanks for any help!
1) That's called a push-pull pot. I'm guessing the split part is the shaft, which uses a special kind of knob.

2) I've heard a guitar with onboard effects, they're pretty good if you get nice ones. But really, modboards can't do anything pedals can't.
Quote by Chaosinborn

Quote by gh0sthack

Didn't Kerry King use MGs at some point?

I think he just endorses them because he likes sacks of money
Well i have seen quite a few cheap on-board effects. Are good ones usually pretty expensive?

Also, if i used a push/pull pot, would i be able to wire the volume to "pulled out" and the tone to "pushed in"?