Page 1 of 3
I got chased out of the Hardcore forum with this so I'm psting it here.

I just bought tickets to the Baltimore show of Gignatour 2008. I can't ****ing wait. The bill is;
Megadeth
In Flames
Job For a Cowboy
Children of Bodom
High on Fire

Anyone else going? Dude I'm going nuts until the show. Has anyone else already seen this?
www.gigantour.com

And by the way how bad is the mosh? Does it completely engulf the entire crowd or are there ways for me to not get wrecked by some asshole who feels like kicking me in the face?
Im not huge but I'm decently strong. It's not a problem if moshing is horrible but I just want to know.
yeah im going
it should be good
and as far as the mosh thing
im small as ****
and ill still mosh
i get my ass kicked but whatever
if you chill around the back or the sides
you wont even get bumped slightly
Vikings? What Vikings? We are but poor, simple farmers. The village was burning when we got here, and the people must have slain themselves.
Yeah my friend told me about this a couple of days ago... Hopefully I can go! I think a group of kids from my school are going so I prolly will go with them!
XBL GT: WILDWAYNE001
add me if you wish...
Im ****ing there.
Gear
Caparison Horus HGS
B.C. Rich Beast NJ Series
Alhambra 7FS
BOSS GT-8
Peavey Valve King 212
What a mediocre lineup.

Ah well, I will go anyway. Mainly for the fact that Chris Broderick is playing.
Coo. This sounds like it's gonna be pretty cool. The only reason I relaly cared about the mosh was because I'm only 14. I didn't want to get super street fighter 2 ultra mega power powerkicked. I really don;t think the lineup is mediocre. Megadeth is okay. In Flames is my ****ing life. I could kinda do withour children of bodom. Job for a cowboy is decent. and I don;t relaly know anything about high on fire. nor do i care.
Quote by super singin
I got chased out of the Hardcore forum with this so I'm psting it here.

I just bought tickets to the Baltimore show of Gignatour 2008. I can't ****ing wait. The bill is;
Megadeth
In Flames
Job For a Cowboy
Children of Bodom
High on Fire

Anyone else going? Dude I'm going nuts until the show. Has anyone else already seen this?
www.gigantour.com

And by the way how bad is the mosh? Does it completely engulf the entire crowd or are there ways for me to not get wrecked by some asshole who feels like kicking me in the face?
Im not huge but I'm decently strong. It's not a problem if moshing is horrible but I just want to know.

Depends on the band.
Never seen Bodom, apparently its not that INTENSE, but lots of crowd-surfing and head-banging. Same with In Flames. High on Fire....nevermind. JFAC's mosh will be pretty intense and for the few songs off of "Doom" they play, there will be hundreds of invisible ninja fighting pit fucks. Megadeth will be fine mosh wise, and no, there will be plenty of space for you to stand back and just admire the band if you want.
I wouldn't do the energy drink then mosh thing.
They dehydrate you quicker, leading to heat-stroke quicker.
I believe Gigantour will take place in...summer over there?
I got my ticket the day they came out. Ilike Megadeth, CoB, In Flames and HoF I don't mind. JFAC is pretty ****.
The clock strikes midnight
When tomorrow and today collide
The moon is at its highest
And the twilight seems fitting
For in these moments
The light at the end of the world
Shines like a thousand suns....

Victor Gutierrez
Eh.

Boring line up overall. Seen all of them and they are decent shows.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Megadeth - Theyre alright
In Flames - Havent been good since 97
Job For a Cowboy - One of the worst bands in existance
Children of Bodom - Havent been good in years
High on Fire - Boring
The Kovenant of Terror, Marshal of the Legion of Metal.

Quote by GID (Shamrock)
Br00tal, Terror Kovenant=metal's king

Question for those with past experience...

If I want to go to Gigantour in LA or San Diego, would General Admission be okay, or should I get tickets early to prevent them selling out?
General Admission doesn't usually sell out fast does it?

At least in the Southern California area
i already bought my tickets for the APRIL 26 show for god sakes. i just wanted to make sure I had them.
Megadeth- OWNAGE, but I would like to see Marty Friedman return
In Flames: Awesome
Children of Bodom: Awesome
High on Fire: Meh....
JFAC:.....they suck. They should have replaced this with Shadows Fall or Machine Head

I'm only 14, so is it safe for me? Just want to know, I'm in alright shape, but compared to huge ass 25 year olds moshing, I'm a shrimp in a bowl of sharks. HALP please
Quote by Assface137
JFAC:.....they suck. They should have replaced this with Shadows Fall or Machine Head

I'm only 14, so is it safe for me? Just want to know, I'm in alright shape, but compared to huge ass 25 year olds moshing, I'm a shrimp in a bowl of sharks. HALP please

wow
you have possibly the worst username ive seen in my life
but to answer your question, being in general admission doesnt mean you HAVE to mosh, im very small for my age and when i was 13 i was in a slipknot mosh pit( i know they suck, but i was thirteen) and i got the **** kicked out of me, it was fun though
if you dotn want to mosh, dont ****ing mosh and stand to the side
Vikings? What Vikings? We are but poor, simple farmers. The village was burning when we got here, and the people must have slain themselves.
Quote by Terror Kovenant
Megadeth - Theyre alright <- Understatement
In Flames - Havent been good since 97 <- They will play a lot of old stuff
Job For a Cowboy - One of the worst bands in existance <- And yet I look forward to fighting hardcore kids
Children of Bodom - Havent been good in years <- Most songs will be off the first 3 albums
High on Fire - Boring <- You're wrong

Get baked, study theory.

Quote by :-D
Why are you bringing Cm into this?
I wonder if Megadeth will actually play Poison Was The Cure of R.I.P on this concert. Anybody senn them play it live.
The clock strikes midnight
When tomorrow and today collide
The moon is at its highest
And the twilight seems fitting
For in these moments
The light at the end of the world
Shines like a thousand suns....

Victor Gutierrez
Quote by metalanarchist
I live near Toronto, and the show is gonna be ON MY BIRTHDAY!!!
But tickets aren't available...

What are you talking about? I have my ticket for the April 30th show. It's been available for a while now.

Though nothing is confirmed until the first show, I'm sure In Flames and CoB will play a fair number of songs from their upcoming records.

For those of you who've been to Gigantour...does the order of the bands change throughout the tour? For example,

1. JFAC
2. HoF
3. In Flames
4. CoB
5. Megadeth.

if this is the lineup order, will it remain the same throughout the tour? JFAC isn't my cup of tea (HoF to a lesser extent as well), and if by chance JFAC is the first on the lineup, I could come late since I have some stuff to do on the day.

And also, how long was the past Gigantour show that you went to?
Quote by Assface137

Im Only 14 and when i went to sounds of the underground. i didn't mosh
but i got right up front . i dont know if i would enter the mosh pit though
^The set list will include stuff from nearly every album. A bunch of new songs and a bunch of old songs and a few middle period songs.
And Instrumetal, you are my hero haha.
if it comes to aus im goin ive never seen any of those bands live
I am me. Live with it.
Megadeth are pretty cool. More so just cause
IT'S FREAKIN' MEGADETH
And JFAC are fucking INTENSE live.
You may not like them, but it's one brutal show.
And yea, I'd break my own legs just to go if it came to Aus.
Alright thanks.

So, I can just stand back and watch the moshers beat the **** out of eachother! DOKAY!
Can I still get a good view of the band without moshing?
I will be extremely disappointed if dave doesnt change up the setlist from the last 30x i have seen megadeth. Honestly im sick of hearing the exact same songs.
I bought my tickets about a month ago, **** THIS SHOW IS GOING TO BE SO BAD ASS
Member of the Metal Militia. PM Gibson_10 or AngelOfSorrow to join
Page 1 of 3