im ready to make my home studio but im not quite sure what i need. i kno ill need a mixer andsome mics, but whatelse. plz help
Concerts I've Been To:
Aerosmith x2
A Life Once Lost
Motley Crue
Pearl Jam
My Morning Jacket
Buckcherry
Velvet Revolver x3
Godsmack
Alice In Chains
Stone Temple Pilots
Iron Maiden
Red hot Chili Peppers
Lamb of God
Killswitch Engage
ok i need a monitor or two so anytinhg else
Concerts I've Been To:
Aerosmith x2
A Life Once Lost
Motley Crue
Pearl Jam
My Morning Jacket
Buckcherry
Velvet Revolver x3
Godsmack
Alice In Chains
Stone Temple Pilots
Iron Maiden
Red hot Chili Peppers
Lamb of God
Killswitch Engage
Quote by Carrothead 73
ok i need a monitor or two so anytinhg else

Are you only going to mix in mono? Very,er....retro.

Good multitrack software is a must as well. Try Cubase, Sonar or Logic, depending what computer you use.
Make sure your comp has lots of ram...

Also make sure that you have a very solid way of connecting the mixer to your computer (USB / Firewire i usually good)
Protools?
After all the stuff you said and these you should be ready to go, some other really nice things to get is maybe a compressor (so you dont clip while recording).
70's Japan Greco SuperPower
Amps: '65 TRRI - Peavey Classic 50 4x10 - Epiphone VJ Head (Modded) - 2x12 Celestion Greenback Cab
FX: BK Tube Driver - EH Small Stone - MXR CC
Acoustics: Breedlove ADSM20 - Alveraz 5021 12-String
I use the M-Audio Fast Track Pro USB

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/MAudio-Fast-Track-Pro-Mobile-USB-Audio-MIDI-Interface?sku=241710

I use Sonar 7 for recording/mixing software. I also use Reason 4 for midi.

The fast track comes with some lite versions of software that you can get started recording with... or you can download audacity. (freeware) You could also obtain software through other means, if you're so inclined.

Listen to my recordings on my profile to see what quality is possible with just the stuff I listed above. (and some experience)
All my photobucket pics are dead so no links to my guitar build threads.
My Music