Page 1 of 3
Because of previous polls taken, it has been shown that the majority of the pit is actually nearing the 16-18 age range. But even if you are more along the 13-15 range, you can still respond. That being said here is a question most of you have probably already been asked by your parents, aunts, uncles, counselors, etc.

What are you planning to do after you graduate?

I'm sure the obvious answer is "go to college", but what for? What are you planning to major in? Or maybe going to a tech school is more your style. Or maybe you are even confident enough in your skills that you want to pursue a musical career?

I ask this question because it is nearing that time where decisions need to be made that will ultimately impact your life for a very long time. Perhaps if you haven't given much thought, now is your time to see what other peoples plans are.
It's a scary thought, and one that should not be taken lightly.

Whatever you do, make sure that there are no regrets later. Never wander through life thinking "what if..."

Choose your path wisely.
No plans prolly just work for my dad... It sucks I hate how everyone you know is moving away...
XBL GT: WILDWAYNE001
add me if you wish...
I'm planning on getting a physics major and then going to grad school to get a PhD in theoretical particle physics.
Just for the record, I'll be sixteen in two weeks from today.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
I will be attending an in-state university majoring in International Business and minoring in music composition. I have my auditions for music scholarships this weekend, going for performance scholarships on 3 instruments.
Hopefully a Professional Engineering degree through Mech. Eng., and then a job as an engineer (or, yknow, rockstar).
Every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you
planning to major in music, and minor in Chemistry
My sig used to be so awesome it got me banned
Live in a van down by the...post office.

I seriously have no clue...hopefully something in broadcasting.
Quote by Tire Me.
Raping her in front of other people would be morally wrong.

Quote by Bubbles516
wtf290 uses make bubbles feel like crap
Its super effective!
In september I'm off to Glasgow uni to study English literature. I hope to do my masters after that.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
well obviousely, id love to play music proffesionaly, but more realisticly, i want to study to be an engineer of some sort.
Architecure is also something i am interested in
My Gear
Fender 72 Tele Deluxe
Behringer GM108
Austin Boot-Heel Cutaway
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Peavey Valveking 112

Quote by mikeman
Everyone can relate to food or taking dumps but nobody sings about it.
Last edited by cap'n curry at Feb 27, 2008,
I'm probably going to go to a local university, maybe U. of Nebraska at Lincoln, major in a computer related course, most likely programming, minor in music, maybe take extra math classes. Before I go back for my masters, I'm going to go out for a few years to get some experience under my belt. I'm not entirely sure of what schools I'm going to, but I'm 15, and I have plenty of time to look in to it in depth.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
I'm gonna do Highers (a silly wee Scottish thing like your A-levels) in maths, physics, chemistry, possibly english (hate it) and hopefully geography. Then join the RAF as a pilot. If that fails then apprentice joiner/army infantry/engineer here I come!!
I am going to CSUSM to major in Biology, then go to Johns Hopkins Medical School for my M.D. After that I will specialize in Internal Medicine/Nephrology and perhaps even Neurology.
High as tits
i plan on going to UVA and majoring in accounting. already have college paid for so ill be pretty set after college to. and im also gonna try to work on my music through college and have that as a second job after i get out of college.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
I want to be a teacher of some sort. I'd like to go to college to study literature and writing (I wanna be a writer), however since being a writer isn't exactly the best job ever (Unless I turn out to be the next J.K. Rowling), I figure why not teach literature and creative writing instead.
DRINK APPLE JUICE
O.J. will kill you
I plan on majoring in music, preferably a music teacher. I think it would be great teaching the next generation how to make music. But I have to get way better at violin if I want to do that.
Quote by 5/4
It's a scary thought, and one that should not be taken lightly.

Whatever you do, make sure that there are no regrets later. Never wander through life thinking "what if..."

Choose your path wisely.

You only regret the things you didnt do.
Kit:

Tanglewood TW28STR
PRS Soapbar SE II
Epiphone LP100

Roland Cube 30x (New!)
law is interesting fopr me but i'm not sure if i wanna be a lawyer :S
Gear:
Epiphone Sg-400 standard
Epiphone DR 100 VS
Fender FM 212
Boss ME-50
Quote by King85
You only regret the things you didnt do.

nah, you can regret doing drugs, having sex and finding your pregnant/ have STD or a million other things you have done
My Gear
Fender 72 Tele Deluxe
Behringer GM108
Austin Boot-Heel Cutaway
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Peavey Valveking 112

Quote by mikeman
Bottom line: GET INTO A TRADE OR GO TO SCHOOL AND GET A REAL DEGREE!!!!

Trades are something like carpentry, plumbing, electrician and so on. Good jobs, good money, virtually no schooling required.

Real degrees include but are not limited to Engineering, Medicine, Nursing, Business.

If you think you'd like to do it, don't.

If it sounds like it will be fun or enjoyable, it won't.

If it pays a lot of money for relatively little work, do it. Everything sucks no matter what, so do whatever pays the most money for the least amount of work.

Mmmkay?
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

I'm at a Community College right now but I'm not sure what I want to do with my life yet. I just want to get into the working world, I'm bored of school. My mom doesn't really approve of that idea though and demands I get a college education. I took college courses in high school and so I'm really tired of it. But it's hard to get a decent-paying job without a college education or some specialized training and so I go to college as a Math/Science major at the moment.
Quote by Hot_Money420
Banned because I know a certain girl who used to think chocolate milk came from brown spotted cows....that young girl was a boy...and that boy was me....

Quote by aig91
Banned because listen to Sara. She speaks the truth.

Join the F.U.C.K.!
I'm going to be a famous musician.
Quote by paulefty
Dr. No I LOVE YOUR AVATAR!
Quote by Bubonic Chronic

Trades are something like carpentry, plumbing, electrician and so on. Good jobs, good money, virtually no schooling required.

Real degrees include but are not limited to Engineering, Medicine, Nursing, Business.

If it pays a lot of money for relatively little work, do it. Everything sucks no matter what, so do whatever pays the most money for the least amount of work.

Mmmkay?

isn't that exactly what your not supposed to do? I mean you want to get a job that pays well, but you shouldn't go just for the money. You gotta go for what you want to do. It should be something you enjoy.
Take being a professional musician. Its an incredally high risk thing to go in (if your a full time musician w/ no other job) but if so many musicians hadn't taken the risk, we wouldn't have the music we have today. I'm not sayin its a smart thing to do, but its an example
My Gear
Fender 72 Tele Deluxe
Behringer GM108
Austin Boot-Heel Cutaway
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Peavey Valveking 112

Quote by mikeman
Hopefully I will be accepted in Montclair State University's Bachelor of Fine Arts program for acting.

Though a career in acting is highly unrealistic and unstable, I cannot see myself being happy with anything else. And sometimes you need to do what you love because you love it, not for the money.
I'm 19
I only just decided what I want too do
Thta may be because I'm so layed back I didn't ever think about it
but truth is
life after highschool is unpredictable, you just got to take it as it comes
live each day and hope you reach the next
aslong as you enjoy your life doesnt matter what you do
thats just how I think though lol
Quote by Sir Anonymous
I'd call you a crazy Brit, but your username seems to quite assure your sanity.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
Epic username of pure epicness

To: Jesus=ConArtist
Quote by Bubonic Chronic

Mmmkay?

You know, hes right. If I don't make RAF, or get offered an appreticeship in a few months as a carpenter, I'm out of school. (at 16)
hmm im choosing between 2 schools right now, both have my major in marine science. i know im going to be heading to grade school after these four years, but my question is.... do graduate schools care about where you went to post grad? like does it matter if you had a 4.0 in Harvard as compared to a 4.0 at say University of Georgia or something? i cant decide if i want to go to a local college or Davidson in NC.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
lmao XxGloriousxX is a genius

Quote by Pinky19
You guys fail. Except for you Glorious. You win.

Once again.
Quote by Guitarfreak777
I would shoot them to death yes, but trying to aim for non-leathal, hoping they live.

which one is it Guitarfreak777?
something that involves all my talents.....writing, drafting (like engineering) and music..

maybe start a guitar brand with my friend who is becoming a business major
I'm already in college After I finish I'll just go to the lab I did work experience at, show them my shiny certificate; explain how I want "a foot in the industry" and "experience before I go to uni" and other bull****; then just work there the rest of my life

I really can not explain how much the idea of university depresses me. Time, money, and YEARS OF YOUR LIFE taken away when you should be in your prime, living. Do any decent degree and you'll be halfway through life before you get anywhere. It really depresses me that people have to go through it... Life is too short to stay in school until you're 30, seriously.

Anyway, all of this is irrelevant because I'm obviously going to be a big rockstar (Seriously, I don't care if I'm stuck in a dead end laboratory job, music is my passion. I just wish I'd realised sooner and done music tech.)
I'm going to apply to a bunch of music colleges and major in something in that department, not sure what yet, but I have 2-3 more years to decide. That being said, I really want to make it as a comedian, preferably stand-up, or something like sketch comedy (think Derrick comedy or WKUK).
im majoring in forensic science, and i DO NOT recommend it.
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

In one week I'm starting to study "Systems Engineering". It's a 6 years university career.
Though I probably will stop after the 1st year to serve in the IDF (read my "between the sword and the wall" blog for more info).

EDIT: If by any chance I get into a band and we make it big, I'm going to flow and work as a musician. But I don't build my future on that.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Last edited by urik at Feb 27, 2008,
Quote by misfitsrocker14
Im currently going to college, majoring in english, and living in an apartment with my 2 high school best friends.

sounds like a good life you've got there
Well I'm off to Uni in September/October, providing I get the grades (this is looking like it's going to be a struggle, especially as I can't be arsed).

It's probably going to be Kent as my first choice, I'm swayed by the fact that two good friends are choosing it as first choice (not a good reason but still). It is the best Uni for my course, so that is a good reason.

After Uni, NO IDEA. I'm looking at something in journalism but it's a hugely popular field.
Page 1 of 3