Okay, lets get together and talk about the best skateboarding game ever. Untill Skate.2 comes along atleast.

So yeah, lets talk about missions, gaps, spots, rate eachothers footy, just **** in general to do with the game.

and no fighting about what system is better, thats just gay
just give me a fender and let me rip
That game is awesome. I was actually just playing it a few hours ago.
I rented the game when i first got my 360 and it is my favorite skating game ever.
I'm saving up to get it soon.
Quote by thoraxe
I rented the game when i first got my 360 and it is my favorite skating game ever.
I'm saving up to get it soon.

That's pretty much the same thing that happened with me. As soon as I bought my PS3 I rented this game, and I recently picked it up at Best Buy.

As for my favourite spot to skate, there's this place at the top of The Res, basically between the 4 and 5 on this map, which is epic for downhill grinds. I shoot most of my videos there.
I also like the place beside the art gallery, there's some great spots there as well.

Oh, and doing a 'Coffin' downhill into fast moving cars, causing you to break your legs FTW!
I love that game. My friend has it, and I like it, but i don't have a PS3 or 360.

I don't wanna spend the money.
ok, yeah. my name is silly because I signed up when I was 13.

BEDBUGS
I almost bought a 360 for the exclusive reason of being able to play Skate. Didn't quite happen though, I have higher priorities. I love the game though, it teabags THPS games (which, after the first 4 were utter crap) in the face.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Let's change this thread to the 'why Skate completely owns the THPS games'

Seriously though, it's one of the sweetest things ever. Pure win. I can't wait for the next one, which will hopefully allow flatland stuff, considering I base everything I do (in real life) on Rodney Mullen, and flatland has always been where my heart lies.
Quote by Xiaoxi
I almost bought a 360 for the exclusive reason of being able to play Skate. Didn't quite happen though, I have higher priorities. I love the game though, it teabags THPS games (which, after the first 4 were utter crap) in the face.

I agree with everything in this statement, and don't have a 360 or PS3 for the same reason.

ok, yeah. my name is silly because I signed up when I was 13.

BEDBUGS
yeah i played the demo on the ps3.. ****ing loved it.

got the game off ebay the next day. didnt read it properly though. had to wait like 3 weeks haha

im a bit over it now though. dont really play it. but now i've read this.. i might go have a muck around. find some new gaps.
Quote by Fishyesque
Let's change this thread to the 'why Skate completely owns the THPS games'

Nah...unless you want to have 5 pages of consecutive "+1" posts.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
Nah...unless you want to have 5 pages of consecutive "+1" posts.

Haha

Seriously though, when I think of Tony Hawk games, I think of a halfpipe, (insert trick here) + revert + manual + trick + revert + manual etc etc = a gazillion points.
Quote by Fishyesque
Haha

Seriously though, when I think of Tony Hawk games, I think of a halfpipe, (insert trick here) + revert + manual + trick + revert + manual etc etc = a gazillion points.

Yea, excessiveness is its flaws. By having no limits, it takes away the feeling of accomplishment.

Skate, on the other hand, handles tricks with a lot more grace, allowing the players to appreciate the subtleties of the motions and the execution of the simplest tricks.

That was overly analytical, wasn't it?

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Haha no way!

I know what you mean though. The feeling of seeing a rail, angling it right and simply kickflipping into a grind.. ahh, such a good feeling
Quote by Fishyesque
Haha no way!

I know what you mean though. The feeling of seeing a rail, angling it right and simply kickflipping into a grind.. ahh, such a good feeling

Or a manny, kickflip, nose manny over a pad.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
definitely! I loved how there wasn't a balance bar or whatnot. Definitely added to the feel. I mean, you're pretty much a pro skater in the game, and you look at pros, and they can control manuals like it isn't any challenge at all.
Quote by Fishyesque
definitely! I loved how there wasn't a balance bar or whatnot. Definitely added to the feel. I mean, you're pretty much a pro skater in the game, and you look at pros, and they can control manuals like it isn't any challenge at all.

Yea, it's a lot more organic.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I wonder how they'll manage to add flatland stuff and make it feel just as solid and natural as everything else.
Yea, that would be interesting.

I wish they made Skate for PC. I don't see why it wouldn't work. Just add a 2-analog stick control pad as a requirement...

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Well, (most) developers aren't too fond of putting forth much effort these days...

One of my favorite things on skate are the bails. So painful looking...

Hmm.. I think it'd be awesome if you could go into fairly crowded places..
Or like, skating into a highschool, the bell rings and students rush out of class and you just plow into a group of kids.

Also, I think certain parts would benefit if you could get off your board and walk up things, but that never bothered me TOO much.
Quote by Fishyesque

Also, I think certain parts would benefit if you could get off your board and walk up things, but that never bothered me TOO much.

Actually, not being able to walk irritates me. It takes forever to get up those stairs again...

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
OK, I admit I was holding back. It's WAY frustrating.

Oh, so one of the funniest things that I've found, and can repeat when wanting a laugh, is on the mega ramp at the X-Games. you start going down, and as soon as it starts to level out you do a hard turn to the right, right into that black thing hanging from the ceiling, and it slams you smack onto the ground, head first, really fast. Always gets a good laugh.
Heck yeah you do! It's only the greatest skating game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, I REALLY wish this convo was in the Gaming thread, because it's all lonely, and it's home to me.

Home!

However, you might not have discovered the game if this thread wasn't dedicated to it, so