so i was up at guitar center today and i was talkin to one of the guys and i told him a wanted a Peavey 6505, and he told me that i could probally find a different amp that i liked that was a lot cheaper, so he showed me some, and i was really likin the Line 6 HD150...does anyone know of any downsides to this amp? cuz i liked it alot and it didnt sound digitaly or anything like that...
Ibanez RG321
Ibanez RG220
Member of UG's HATECREW
wow...
give it a couple seconds dude

and i like em' i own the combo version but everyone seems to hate them
"so did you do anything hardocore today?"

"yeah dude i went to the bathroom and pluged up the toilet like hardcore! water would not stop coming out of it! It was like eddie van halen was playing Eruption in my bathroom! If van halen was a toilet
The 15W models are fine(maybe a bit overpriced, but fine) practice amps. 50W Spiders and above just seem pointless to me. Did the guy at least let you try out the Peavey? Trust me. It'll blow that Spider out of the water.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
If you like it that's fine, but the 6505 would still be a better choice for most circumstances. If you can't find a second-hand one cheap enough try that new Bugera (can't remember which one offhand) which is very similar.
go tube ..youll regret it in the long run...6505 is amazing and can be had for 500 ish if you look for a used combo
if you get a Valve Tube Spider with those beautiful Bogners you got yourself I good amp... but stay away from the solid state one.
Live Rig:
Ibanez Rg 150R w/ Duncan 59s
Marshall JCM2000 TSL60 Head
Mark IV Combo
Marshall 1960a Cab w/ Vintage 30s
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige w/ Duncan 59s
Jackson SLSMG Soloist
Currently in Ontario, Canada.

dude.
dont get a line 6, horrible amps.
get a valveking if you want to go cheaper. or a 6505 if you want to spend that much
I actually really liked the spider 3. If you want it to sound like a tube amp, you will probably be disappointed. As far as a solid state amp goes, it is by far the best for the money. You can dial in AC/DC, Smashing Pumpkins, Judas Priest and Pantera with the push of a button. I totally wouldn't buy a stack, but as a fun practice amp it is cool.
Quote by peever
dude.
dont get a line 6, horrible amps.
get a valveking if you want to go cheaper. or a 6505 if you want to spend that much

Thats a perfect example of an ignorant statement.
Be cool.
Practice, they're great. Worthless as a stack though.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Quote by ibanezguitarz07
so i was up at guitar center today and i was talkin to one of the guys and i told him a wanted a Peavey 6505, and he told me that i could probally find a different amp that i liked that was a lot cheaper, so he showed me some, and i was really likin the Line 6 HD150...does anyone know of any downsides to this amp? cuz i liked it alot and it didnt sound digitaly or anything like that...

The HD150 or the HD147? They're both different amps. The Spider series amps have a lot of fancy do-hickies and whatnot but they have a bunch of cons, that's for sure! They don't sound too good loud for one. The modeling in them isn't the best around and for what you're paying, you could get better. But hey, if you like it, more power to you!

Rock on and Get'cha Pull!
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
If you want the 6505 get the 6505. Dont let a guy who works on commission steer you to something he is probably going to make more on. Cheaper is rarely the best bet when it comes to guitar amps. Good tone costs money. And getting digital SS when you wanted tubes is not a good choice either. If you want all the settings get a pod or something of the sort. And unless your gigging in big arenas you probably dont need 120 watts. A 50 watt tube will be just as loud as 120 watt SS and sound a whole lot better.
I have that amp. It is nice till the volume gets up there (the point of the stack anyway) and then it tends to get noisy and muddy. Otherwise it is a cool versatile amp.
ok i probally shouldnt have compared the Line 6 and the 6505 cuz alot of ppl arent realizing that the 6506 is like $1500, and the Line 6 was $400 at guitar center
Ibanez RG321
Ibanez RG220
Member of UG's HATECREW
Quote by ibanezguitarz07
ok i probally shouldnt have compared the Line 6 and the 6505 cuz alot of ppl arent realizing that the 6506 is like $1500, and the Line 6 was $400 at guitar center

I think everyone realized it -but you can buy a 6505 used for much cheaper.