Are soapbar pickups the same as regular pickups? I'm about to get a guitar that has soapbar pickups, and I've never heard how a soapbar pickup sounds. So if you could help me out here that would be greatly apreciated.
Quote by jonathan92
schecter damien 7 is one monster of a guitar.

[Proud owner of a Schecter Damien 7]
Don't buy one unless you've tried it. EVER.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
P90s are kind of a cross between single coils and humbuckers, tone-wise.

I loves em .
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
^+1. I've heard that P-90's sound somewhere in between a fender style single coil and a humbucker. If you didn't know, P-90's are Gibson's single coil p/u's
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Last edited by oneblackened at Feb 27, 2008,
I think that Soapbars are a kind of single coil, best suited for bluesy stuff. But try them out yourself.
Gear:
Ibanez S470 (EMG 81/S/85)
Sigma DMC-15E
Laney VH100R
Laney 4x12 Cab
Ibanez Weeping Demon
M-Audio ProKeys 88
Mbox 3 Pro
KRK RP6 G2's
Plum Team FTW!

X
No you can play some pretty heavy stuff on P90s. Ive seen old videos of Iommi using a dual soapbar SG to play sabbath. Theres the vintage ones and more modern ones. Soapbars are technically a single coil but with more bottom end then fender singles and less top end. But more top than a humbucker and less bottom, in the middle. I really like the ones I put in my LP. But unfortunatly soapbars are hard to replace with else. They are bigger than fender singles and smaller than humbuckers. And they direct mount so dont use rings or pickguards. The p90s Im using now are humbucker replacements so dont need mods. But will soon put a guitar together with soapbars the seymore duncans are really nice.