Not for any terribly pressing reasons, i just found myself obsessed with Waltz's now, specifically Tchaikovsky's 'Waltz of the Flowers' from the Nutcracker. So what i'm lookin for is some other good Waltz's from classical artists, i searched limewire for a generic 'waltz' under different composers, and nothing was really found.
If you could, i'd appreciate some good solid waltz suggestions with the proper names, cheers!
The Blue Danube Waltz by Strauss seems to be a popular one. Also, try the Minute Waltz by Chopin, Tchaikovsky's Fifth Symphony, and Ravel's Valses Nobles et Sentimentales. I too enjoy classical waltzes.
SAVE THE JAZZ

"Remember, there are two kinds of people in the world:
People who finish things, and"
Quote by masterohumans
and you expect to find someone with sophisticated taste in the pit?

I hate people like you. Comments like these are the number one reason why the pit sucks.
Quote by ledhead67
The Blue Danube Waltz by Strauss seems to be a popular one. Also, try the Minute Waltz by Chopin, Tchaikovsky's Fifth Symphony, and Ravel's Valses Nobles et Sentimentales. I too enjoy classical waltzes.

Thanks mate, and if you happen to find anymore keep 'em comin, lovin it! but of Tchaikovsky's fifth, all i can find is the second movement
check out Monty Python's Exploding Blue Danube. epic.

uhhhm...for seriousness, lots of Chopin and Tchaikovsky pieces are waltzes. look around on Wikipedia.
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Dean Palomino Vintage Sunburst
Indiana Scout Acoustic in Sparkly Blue
Kustom Arrow 16DFX, soon to be a Vox Valvetronix 50
Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
Augustin Barrios Mangore....he has some Waltz's that you may like...

You also have some of Tarrega's waltzs.

Would be more specific but I'm on the go mate.
Quote by fretsonfire74
pm the madcap?

Haha, thats actually exactly who i had in mind making the thread Thanks guys! more still welcomed
Another good Tchaikovsky waltz is the second movement of Tchaikovsky's Serenade in C for string orchestra. Brahms also wrote some noteable waltz.

Another style that is similar to the waltz is the mazurkas, which Chopin was know for. There are several distinct forms of waltz. There's waltz for ballroom dancing and as art songs (like Tchaikovsky's and Haydn's), and there's waltz as serious composition (like Chopin's).

Quote by masterohumans
and you expect to find someone with sophisticated taste in the pit?

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Feb 27, 2008,
Manic Depression by Jimi Hendrix

no... seriously
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waltz_%28music%29
Normally I'm not one to give a link to wiki but I thought it would help you. I learned a lot from the article and a list of composers is at the bottom.
My Rig:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom - Alpine White
Vox AD30VT
Epiphone SG Special - Black
Planet Waves Cables
Levy's Strap
Dunlop .70 Picks