Page 1 of 2
any one played one? are they worth the £3500 price tag. whats do they play like i might be intrested in one may be coming into a bit of money so a new guitar could be the way along with a new amp

cheers guys
If it says Zakk Wylde on it, it isn't worth the money.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Nothing's wrong with Wilde, it's just that signature guitars are notoriously overpriced. You can get something of similar or better quality for much cheaper.
Jackson DKMGT Dinky
Randall RG50TC
Roland Micro-Cube
Boss DS-1
Boss MT-2
so i can gibson flying v with a floyd rose for cheaper then?beacuse thats what i want im not intrested in the fact that its got zakk's name on it
Quote by eruption1988
so i can gibson flying v with a floyd rose for cheaper then?beacuse thats what i want im not intrested in the fact that its got zakk's name on it

If you're not interested in Zakk's name, then definitely don't get it.

Look around for different companies that make V's and see if you like any of those.

If you're looking for something really specific, check with a luthier.

To give you a few ideas:

Floyd Rose V24 Arrow series:

http://www.adirondackguitar.com/electrics/floyd_rose/v24.htm

Caparison Orbit:

http://www.kyowashokai.co.jp/caparison-eng/e-07product/e07orbit.html

Legra DMC632V:

Technically a custom, but I bet he'd build another one.

http://www.legraguitars.co.uk/dmc632v.htm

Jackson KV2:

www.jacksonguitars.com
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Feb 28, 2008,
For the price you're paying for the Wylde, you could get one built for you to your exact specifications. Who needs a Wylde signature guitar when you could have an Eruption1988 signature guitar?
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
haha a sig guitar counds good tho i dont know if id have the patence to wait arround while it was made tho...... a jackson king v is looking good theyve got an amasing shape and having played a mates dinky i like jacksons. thjo ive noticed a few topics in here about jackson going downhill or out of buisness, is this anything to worry about.

i love the shape of the v's and im looking for a floyd rose as well, but id also like that ego boost(penis extention) you get with the gibson name lol
Quote by Ichimaru
If it says Zakk Wylde on it, it isn't worth the money.

I actually got the ZW set of EMGs (new, still sealed) for less than it would have cost to get the pickups separately... So maybe that's not always true.

But as far as the ZW-V goes, Jackson makes the King V (as shown above) and it is way sexier, plus it doesn't have that "OMFG POSEUR" look to it.
Epiphone Les Paul goldtop (EMG 81/85)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Jay Turser JT200 Serpent (GFS Crunchy Rails/Crunchy Pat)
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H
Quote by truespin
I actually got the ZW set of EMGs (new, still sealed) for less than it would have cost to get the pickups separately... So maybe that's not always true.

But as far as the ZW-V goes, Jackson makes the King V (as shown above) and it is way sexier, plus it doesn't have that "OMFG POSEUR" look to it.

You got your set for less? My EMG 81-81 set costs the same as my Zakk Wylde set.

TS, if you don't want to have one built, why not get a Standard Gibby V, get a Floyd installed and paint it.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
i dnt really want the bullseye either i think it would just be too flash and get the wrong sort of attention.

would it cost much to get a fr fitted to a standerd gibby v?
why not just go with a Gibson Flying V standard or faded instead?
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
You got your set for less? My EMG 81-81 set costs the same as my Zakk Wylde set.

TS, if you don't want to have one built, why not get a Standard Gibby V, get a Floyd installed and paint it.

Got it for $160 on eBay. Even came with a Zakk Wylde/EMG Pickups guitar pick!

But seriously, yeah. I got lucky.
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H
because i want a floyd rose basically. acctully thinking about it im not sure id put a gibson thro that sort of pain of installin gone i could fit one to a standerd epiphone v tho and it would look and sound almost the same right?
Epiphones are generally regarded as sounding a little darker than Gibsons.
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H
Quote by truespin
Epiphones are generally regarded as sounding a little darker than Gibsons.

First time I've heard that..
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Quote by Kanthras

same...
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
Quote by eruption1988
because i want a floyd rose basically. acctully thinking about it im not sure id put a gibson thro that sort of pain of installin gone i could fit one to a standerd epiphone v tho and it would look and sound almost the same right?

i wouldn't ruin a flying v with a floyd rose...the floyd rose would kill ur sustain and that's basically the strong point of a gibson. if u want a guitar with a floyd rose and a v shape get a jackson randy rhodes series...great guitars for metal and shreding....if u want a more classic sound than stick with gibson but don't touch it....don't get an epiphone and put a floyd rose on it cus it's a waste of money buying one and installing it. personally i've never seen a gibson with a floyd rose... u prob have to do a ton of work to get one on...the only trems i've seen on gibson are bigsbys...kinda ugly in my opinion though
Quote by Kanthras

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=797505&highlight=epiphone+gibson
Several posts down.
I've seen it a few times. I don't own a Gibson to compare, so I'm not saying "Epiphones are always darker" I'm saying, they are generally regarded as being darker.

The best way would be two take an Epiphone Standard and compare it to a Gibson standard.
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H
Epiphones have a lower standard of craftsmanship than Gibson along with lower-grade materials.
As for a V with a Floyd, I saw an ESP model somewhere with EMGs in it. Kirk Hammett was using it in that instructional MoP riffs video on Youtube. I'm not sure if they've put into production though.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
esp does make a few v series w/ floyd rose and emgs, i don't know if they are any good though cus i've never had the chance to try them
im not really sure about the looks of other v's i like the king v and i think if i was to buy a v that would be the only one other than an epi or giby id go for but if i could get a gibson shape other than the wylde one with a floyd id be happy, because thats ideally what i would like i love that shape and id also like a floyed rose as well if it was posable.

id conciser puting one onto a epi myself but not a gibson coz i dnt really wanna fk one of them up, but as has been said before id lose sustain would this happen? and could it be overcome by instaling a sustainer?
Quote by eruption1988
haha a sig guitar counds good tho i dont know if id have the patence to wait arround while it was made tho...... a jackson king v is looking good theyve got an amasing shape and having played a mates dinky i like jacksons. thjo ive noticed a few topics in here about jackson going downhill or out of buisness, is this anything to worry about.

i love the shape of the v's and im looking for a floyd rose as well, but id also like that ego boost(penis extention) you get with the gibson name lol

nah that i started one thread like that because i was worried but according to CJrocker who knows everything about Jacksons its not the case, they just dont update their stuff as often as ESP and Schecter. BTW if your looking for something closer to gibson check out the Shceter V1 hellraiser, has the same chunky neck as gibsons.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
thanks for that i thought jackson might have been going out of busness and was getting woried because i might be buying one weventually as for the hell raiser does it come in a v form? because i googled it and it doesnt seem to i was looking for the gibson v shape but i also like the feel of the epi lp im not sure how it would differ for a v tho but its a v that im looking for with a floyd in the gibson shape if thats not asking too much lol which it pos is cheers for the jackson advice
I tried the Zakk's V for about 20 min. when I bought my latest amp and I can say that this thing really rocks! I'm not a fan of Floyd Rose thought, But anyway it sounded really good with a really nice craftmenship. I loved the maple neck on that thing! Different from standard neck IMO. But I don't think it worth the 5000 CAN$ asked for it...

My 2 cents!
((( KoskineN )))

-ESP LTD EC-1000 Deluxe VHB
-Fender Telecaster Lite Ash
-Mesa Roadster 2x12 combo
-Fulltone Clyde Dlx, OCD, '69
-Boss BD-2, CE-5, DD-20, TU-2, RC-2
-MXR Phase 90 & EVH Flanger
-EHX Little Big Muff - Holy Grail - Micro POG
Carvin has V's and i don't know much about Floyd Roses but it has the option for Floyd Rose or Tune=o=matic and the FR is no extra cost.

The Carvin V shape is pretty cool too. Totally custom specs for roughly 1-2k depending on what you want

edit pic:

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()
Last edited by CroneR at Feb 28, 2008,
Quote by Bonsaischaap

Floyd Rose V24 Arrow series:

http://www.adirondackguitar.com/electrics/floyd_rose/v24.htm

Caparison Orbit:

http://www.kyowashokai.co.jp/caparison-eng/e-07product/e07orbit.html

Legra DMC632V:

Technically a custom, but I bet he'd build another one.

http://www.legraguitars.co.uk/dmc632v.htm
]

Quote by CroneR

The Carvin V shape is pretty cool too. Totally custom specs for roughly 1-2k depending on what you want

edit pic:

you two missed the uglyest guitar thread
Quote by eruption1988
thanks for that i thought jackson might have been going out of busness and was getting woried because i might be buying one weventually as for the hell raiser does it come in a v form? because i googled it and it doesnt seem to i was looking for the gibson v shape but i also like the feel of the epi lp im not sure how it would differ for a v tho but its a v that im looking for with a floyd in the gibson shape if thats not asking too much lol which it pos is cheers for the jackson advice

its funny i cant find the Schecter Vs online eihter, they havent updated their site yet, i saw them in a catolog tho. 699 without a floyd 849 with one.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
yeah, other then this thing only kind of things like this I've ever seen are those old classic gibson vibratos
Quote by CroneR
Carvin has V's and i don't know much about Floyd Roses but it has the option for Floyd Rose or Tune=o=matic and the FR is no extra cost.

edit pic:

That's one cheap looking guitar.
^^
Because of the colors? They only had 2 pics available

I own a Carvin DC-135 and it's far from cheap.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()
Quote by hitl
you two missed the uglyest guitar thread

yea i quite agree they are some ugly guitars there
Quote by eruption1988
im not really sure about the looks of other v's i like the king v and i think if i was to buy a v that would be the only one other than an epi or giby id go for but if i could get a gibson shape other than the wylde one with a floyd id be happy, because thats ideally what i would like i love that shape and id also like a floyed rose as well if it was posable.

id conciser puting one onto a epi myself but not a gibson coz i dnt really wanna fk one of them up, but as has been said before id lose sustain would this happen? and could it be overcome by instaling a sustainer?

schecter just came out with a flying v with an original floyd rose, hellraiser V or something, it's got emg's and the gibson V shape, so you're set. i'd look into it, look at paying around 500 pounds though, as i think they're right at 7-1000 usd.
Page 1 of 2