Poll: Slash or Buckethead
Poll Options
View poll results: Slash or Buckethead
Slash
28 44%
Buckethead
36 56%
Voters: 64.
who do you think is better slash or buckethead im sure most of you will say slash but i just watn to know how many buckethead lovers are here
Anyone who considers this for more than a second has obviosuly never listened to anything by Buckethead other than Jordan on guitar Hero. As much as I love Slash, Buckethead is superior in every way possible. Except looks. Slash looks pretty cool :P
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Slash does write very good stuff but Buckethead is much more inventive. So I vote for Buckethead.
Do you use a BR-600?
If so, click here to join the group thats made for you!
Someone needs to be reminded what music is mostly about, FEELING. Slash anyday. Buckethead may do crazy licks and have a strange creativity, Slash's my man. He knows how to make his guitar scream and made tremendous work with GNR.
My gear:
-Ibanez JS 6000 Custom w/ 11-48 gauge
-Ibanez FGM 400BB w/ 10-46 gauge
-Peavey 6505 2x12 Combo
-MXR Phase 90
-Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
-Morley Wah/Volume Pro Series II
-Boss CS-3 Compression Sustainer
-Gator G-Bus 8
-Xotic BB Preamp
Quote by Ichimaru
Anyone who considers this for more than a second has obviosuly never listened to anything by Buckethead other than Jordan on guitar Hero. As much as I love Slash, Buckethead is superior in every way possible. Except looks. Slash looks pretty cool :P

agreed.slash is sloppy usually too,although he can write riffs well. sad that buckethead is losing. people are obviously going towards hype...and feeling embodies itself in many ways.buckethead has it.feeling is a crappy players argument ibzman.don't go that way...
Last edited by athlete1 at Feb 27, 2008,
Quote by Ibzman
Someone needs to be reminded what music is mostly about, FEELING. Slash anyday. Buckethead may do crazy licks and have a strange creativity, Slash's my man. He knows how to make his guitar scream and made tremendous work with GNR.

....Have you heard any of Buckethead's other stuff?.....That guy can make some very emotional guitar parts...

Buckethead all the way
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger
....Have you heard any of Buckethead's other stuff?.....That guy can make some very emotional guitar parts...

Buckethead all the way

Definitely. Just listen to the whole "Colma" and "Electric Tears" albums. Tear-jerking stuff on there. Padmasana is one of my favourite songs.
i really dont care what anyone says...neither...slash screws around with the a minor pentatonic scale...and bucket head usually just shreds up and down some minor scale and uses a lot of chromatics...to me neither are that great
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
Quote by bi-ah!
i really dont care what anyone says...neither...slash screws around with the a minor pentatonic scale...and bucket head usually just shreds up and down some minor scale and uses a lot of chromatics...to me neither are that great

You haven't heard any buckethead songs. Admit it.
Quote by Ibzman

because obviously buckethead has no feeling at all

no vs threads. Or has that rule changed recently?
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by thedude051
My question is....why the hell are you comparing the two??? Jesus...

because they both played for GnR
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
i would sa bucket head, made me go holy shiot! when i saw him on on-demand one time.
Ah, I get so pissed when I see these posts/threads. Because people say one person is better tha the other for no reason, and if there is a reason, they don't see that they are TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT GUITARISTS WITH WAY DIFFERENT STYLES.

Now, I prefer Slash over Buckethead because I like his stuff more, but I can see that buckethead is talented as well.

I see somebody up there said that Buckethead is superior to slash in every way. Now that's false, they both have different styles, just because they both played for the same band doesn't mean anything.

This thread is automatically void for trying to compare and orange to a digital camera.

[/thread]
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Bahahaha this is totally going to get bad.

In my opinion buckethead destroys slash though. It's close up there though.
Guitar:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Amplifier:
Fender Blues Junior - Eminence Red, White and Blues
Effects:
Fulltone OCD
Electro-Harmonix Nano Small Stone
Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
Dunlop Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
OmgZz lyK3 cHr0m4tikz tapP1ngGz Ft\/\/!!111

If you play 1234 up and down the strings all day you'll get as good as Buckethead....
Quote by rocknrollgod
well i can tall you this much do NOT get a marshall MG. becasue you will blow the speaker with duncans in the guitar. i know for experience.

Quote by Gutch220
Leave it to UGer's to argue over who "owns" a language

Quote by sg-rocker173
OmgZz lyK3 cHr0m4tikz tapP1ngGz Ft\/\/!!111

If you play 1234 up and down the strings all day you'll get as good as Buckethead....

Way to never have ever listened to anything buckethead has ever done in anything other than Jordan. Go listen to Nottingham Lace and educate yourself then sit down and shut up.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
both, they're so different and they're equally awesome
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"