Page 4 of 15

i need this guitar is so cool! I have looked on line i and only one place that stocks it in white and it in the us. uk guitarists help me!!!!

thank you for reading
not a t-rex fan : lol
squire telecaster
Dean '79 V classic white.
Ibanez 370DX with Irongear hammerhead in bridge
spider line 2 112w amp

Nile, The Faceless and Cannibal Corpse - fucking bad-ass!
Quote by rex666

i need this guitar is so cool! I have looked on line i and only one place that stocks it in white and it in the us. uk guitarists help me!!!!

thank you for reading

Get one ordered from the shop. If a shop near you stocks Dean guitars, you can have them order it for you.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
yeah thats what i would do. jut have them get it for you
Quote by WishIHadAGibson
You know youre a guitar player when you try to match the pitch of your guitar with a vacuum cleaner...

...mine's a Bb by the way...

OFFICIAL "DEAN PLAYERS UNITE" PLAYER #1
Quote by EARNEST
yeah! got the signature

heck yeah lol.

Any one that wants to can put

OFFICIAL DEAN PLAYERS UNITE PLAYER #X whichever you are so far we have 2 myself and earnest just make sure to post that your going to be which ever number that way we all know
Quote by WishIHadAGibson
You know youre a guitar player when you try to match the pitch of your guitar with a vacuum cleaner...

lol. sweet hey i'm chedo2.0 pm if ya like lol
Quote by WishIHadAGibson

yeah! we need more members for Dean union! come on everybody who plays dean or likes dean
Lazer LG-180A
Dean Razorback V 255 @ 18v MOD
Bugera 6262-212
ATH-M50
Vox amPlug Metal
Boss TU-80
Boss ML-2
RZBK V 255 build <5%, ideas>
OFFICIAL "DEAN PLAYERS UNITE" PLAYER #2
BUGERA USERS MILITIA...One of the first owners...
I would, but, there already is a Dean group, who already has people with 'Get Your Wings' in their sig. I don't think they'd really appreciate you guys fronting on their turf.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by edusty2010
Sweet! So could I be like, idk,

OFFICIAL "DEAN PLAYERS UNITE" OGLER (SOON TO BE PLAYER) #3

????

Cause that would be amazing!!! lol

sure lol as long as its soon to be player. dont wanna be a liar now do ya lol
Quote by WishIHadAGibson

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I would, but, there already is a Dean group, who already has people with 'Get Your Wings' in their sig. I don't think they'd really appreciate you guys fronting on their turf.

Hey man the more dean supporters the better right?! well i'm sure if ours isnt exactly like theirs they wont care
Quote by WishIHadAGibson

So hows the dave mustain vmnt?
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
idk not many ppl have them yet really
Quote by WishIHadAGibson

honestly i don't like standard Vs but i do like his guitar's finish: gears of war and angel of death, nice graphics and i like headstock but i prefer razorback's
Lazer LG-180A
Dean Razorback V 255 @ 18v MOD
Bugera 6262-212
ATH-M50
Vox amPlug Metal
Boss TU-80
Boss ML-2
RZBK V 255 build <5%, ideas>
OFFICIAL "DEAN PLAYERS UNITE" PLAYER #2
BUGERA USERS MILITIA...One of the first owners...
Quote by panterarulz8119
sure lol as long as its soon to be player. dont wanna be a liar now do ya lol

Lol not a chance, it's in the sig, it shall be done, as I always say

but naw lol, I seriously can't wait to get my dean, can't wait to upgrade from my schecter, it's nice and all but after I played that ML '79 in GC one day it doesn't seem that great. I played tons of guitars that day too, Les Pauls, Ibanez, everything. Picked up the dean, and boom. It fit. Within minutes I felt like a whole new guitarist. That huge neck was perfect, really comfy, yet my hands would just glide over it. I actually drew a crowd in I was like, "yeah, I've been playing for about 7 months... Yeah that was improv, I know, I'm ****in amazing " (the last part I made up but a guy did tell me I was the best he knew, I was like hmm thanks you must be a hermit tho lol.) From that moment on, I knew I'd get a Dean.

Thats my story lol
lol ic. good story mine is basically the same. played an 8 thousand dollar les paul i was like wow this is nice played an 800 dollar cadillac (dean) and was like holly **** this is insane!! lol then played an ml and bought it for 200 bucks
Quote by WishIHadAGibson

Quote by edusty2010
Lol not a chance, it's in the sig, it shall be done, as I always say

but naw lol, I seriously can't wait to get my dean, can't wait to upgrade from my schecter, it's nice and all but after I played that ML '79 in GC one day it doesn't seem that great. I played tons of guitars that day too, Les Pauls, Ibanez, everything. Picked up the dean, and boom. It fit. Within minutes I felt like a whole new guitarist. That huge neck was perfect, really comfy, yet my hands would just glide over it. I actually drew a crowd in I was like, "yeah, I've been playing for about 7 months... Yeah that was improv, I know, I'm ****in amazing " (the last part I made up but a guy did tell me I was the best he knew, I was like hmm thanks you must be a hermit tho lol.) From that moment on, I knew I'd get a Dean.

Thats my story lol

Hate to rain on your parade but the necks on the '79 series guitars are slim taper and aren't 'huge' at all. If you think that's huge, play a real Dean.

Quote by edge11
So hows the dave mustain vmnt?

It's much like the the old ESP one. It's got a pretty slim D Profile neck.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Last edited by H4T3BR33D3R at Mar 11, 2008,
Quote by panterarulz8119
lol ic. good story mine is basically the same. played an 8 thousand dollar les paul i was like wow this is nice played an 800 dollar cadillac (dean) and was like holly **** this is insane!! lol then played an ml and bought it for 200 bucks

Yeah thats like the same with me! I was playing so many guitars, I couldn't afford any of them, but I was just looking for that one that clicked. Every Dean I have picked up since then has clicked with me. Idk what it is about them, I just love the feel of them.

I think Dime said it best,

"Wings man! That means you fly; you can do whatever you ****in want that guitar!"

No body could've summed them up any better.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Hate to rain on your parade but the necks on the '79 series guitars are slim taper and aren't 'huge' at all. If you think that's huge, play a real Dean.

It's much like the the old ESP one. It's got a pretty slim D Profile neck.

really? Cause the one I played was massive! and I've played quiet a few, that one was used tho, maybe someone switched the neck? Idk, I've never even heard of a neck as big as it was. I actually was thinking about that when I was typing it, went back to the store recently and played one of the same model and everything and it didn't feel near as big, it confused the hell outta me at first. But it was actually better for being a bit thinner.

I'm guessing the previous owner replaced the neck, I asked the guys at the shop if they remembered that guitar and only one did, but he had no idea if they neck was what it came with or not.
Quote by edusty2010
really? Cause the one I played was massive! and I've played quiet a few, that one was used tho, maybe someone switched the neck? Idk, I've never even heard of a neck as big as it was. I actually was thinking about that when I was typing it, went back to the store recently and played one of the same model and everything and it didn't feel near as big, it confused the hell outta me at first. But it was actually better for being a bit thinner.

I'm guessing the previous owner replaced the neck, I asked the guys at the shop if they remembered that guitar and only one did, but he had no idea if they neck was what it came with or not.

Replacing the neck on an affordable, set neck guitar like the '79 series guitars would cost more than the guitar is worth so I highly doubt that the previous owner replaced the neck.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Replacing the neck on an affordable, set neck guitar like the '79 series guitars would cost more than the guitar is worth so I highly doubt that the previous owner replaced the neck.

Hmmm, idk, maybe I just remember it wrong lol. Then again I had been using wizard two necks primarily that day, so even a slim neck would feel like a log compared to those lol! Those things hurt my wrist, they're fast though.
Quote by edusty2010
Hmmm, idk, maybe I just remember it wrong lol. Then again I had been using wizard two necks primarily that day, so even a slim neck would feel like a log compared to those lol! Those things hurt my wrist, they're fast though.

That's cool. The Dean slim taper neck is like a Wizard II neck profile so I can see why you'd call it a log compared to a Wizard II.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Lol idk, it's been awhile, and I swear to god I can't remember half of the things I do in GC, like I go in there and get sucked into a void of some sort. Half the time if I ask an employee for something he'll be like, "I was just over there two minutes ago and asked you if you needed anything, and you totally ignored me!" and I'm always like, "uh, really?!?! I don't remember that..."

I think the price tags on the guitars drag me to a place where I know that I'm only going to get to play it until I leave, so I have to fully immerse myself into it lol.
Quote by edusty2010
Lol idk, it's been awhile, and I swear to god I can't remember half of the things I do in GC, like I go in there and get sucked into a void of some sort. Half the time if I ask an employee for something he'll be like, "I was just over there two minutes ago and asked you if you needed anything, and you totally ignored me!" and I'm always like, "uh, really?!?! I don't remember that..."

I think the price tags on the guitars drag me to a place where I know that I'm only going to get to play it until I leave, so I have to fully immerse myself into it lol.

Oh okay, so basically you're liar as well as one of those kids who go to guitar stores and wank on the instruments with out the intention of buying anything?

I'm just kidding.

Anybody could make a mistake like saying that the '79 series guitars have big necks if they haven't played one. I knew a guy who told everybody that the '79 series guitars had the Dean V necks.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Lol ouch

J/k man, yeah Idk, I guess I thought it was big lol. Then again like the neck on my schecter has been reduced to like, the fretboard (bought it from a friend because it was cheap, I guess he had changed the neck before he sold it to me because i played it and loved it like a month before that and got it and found that it's neck was a twig!!! I was like WTF MAN!!! He never did give me that old neck either! Loser...) So pretty much any neck feels big to me now (and yeah it hurts my wrist like hell to play, I pretty much only use acoustic when I can, which I don't really like either lol. Yeah I'm picky as hell)

Lol and of course I go to shops without the intention of buying anything! I'm doing research lol But no, I don't get to go down very often (the local GC is about 50 miles from my town ) so whenever I can I just go in and try and play some of the guitars I've been looking at, maybe look at some interesting one's I find in the store etc etc. It's not like wal mart where if I forget something I'll probably be there in the next few days so it doesn't matter lol. Plus I like to try different things, example the Ibanez's... Ibanii? Ibeney? WTF IS PLURAL FOR IBANEZ??? Well, THOSE, were the first guitars with trems I'd ever even touched. I go down there about once every three months, and so when I get to I always try to not be a pest (I'm not one of the kids who go in and blast an amp so loud the store falls down then leaves, I bring headphones like all polite people should!) especially when I know I'm only going to walk out with a box of strings, picks, cleaner, and maybe a new strap/cables.

And yeah if I ever say anything stupid again (ehem, start the countdown!) please correct me lol. I'd much rather you guys say hey thats wrong then someone going WTF IS UZ TALKINZ ABUTZ???? lol

EDIT:

Oh yeah speaking of V necks how do those play???? I've never gotten my hands on one of those, I hear they're amazing tho!
Last edited by edusty2010 at Mar 11, 2008,
Quote by edusty2010
Lol ouch

J/k man, yeah Idk, I guess I thought it was big lol. Then again like the neck on my schecter has been reduced to like, the fretboard (bought it from a friend because it was cheap, I guess he had changed the neck before he sold it to me because i played it and loved it like a month before that and got it and found that it's neck was a twig!!! I was like WTF MAN!!! He never did give me that old neck either! Loser...) So pretty much any neck feels big to me now (and yeah it hurts my wrist like hell to play, I pretty much only use acoustic when I can, which I don't really like either lol. Yeah I'm picky as hell)

Lol and of course I go to shops without the intention of buying anything! I'm doing research lol But no, I don't get to go down very often (the local GC is about 50 miles from my town ) so whenever I can I just go in and try and play some of the guitars I've been looking at, maybe look at some interesting one's I find in the store etc etc. It's not like wal mart where if I forget something I'll probably be there in the next few days so it doesn't matter lol. Plus I like to try different things, example the Ibanez's... Ibanii? Ibeney? WTF IS PLURAL FOR IBANEZ??? Well, THOSE, were the first guitars with trems I'd ever even touched. I go down there about once every three months, and so when I get to I always try to not be a pest (I'm not one of the kids who go in and blast an amp so loud the store falls down then leaves, I bring headphones like all polite people should!) especially when I know I'm only going to walk out with a box of strings, picks, cleaner, and maybe a new strap/cables.

And yeah if I ever say anything stupid again (ehem, start the countdown!) please correct me lol. I'd much rather you guys say hey thats wrong then someone going WTF IS UZ TALKINZ ABUTZ???? lol

EDIT:

Oh yeah speaking of V necks how do those play???? I've never gotten my hands on one of those, I hear they're amazing tho!

Don't worry about it! I've had my chops busted many times before. Just not on Deans.

I noodle around in guitar stores but I usually end up buying something. I play obnoxiously loud sometimes too.

How do the V necks play? Great. The best neck I've ever played. The neck is quite big so if you aren't into that stuff then stay away.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I'll tell you what. Most people praise the V neck. First time I tried it didn't really see the big deal.

Second time I tried it, I really liked it. Much easier to control vibrato. On my FBD which is a C-neck I kind of have to put my thumb around the top of the neck (or in that general area) so that my hand won't slip. With the neck I can just cling on to the "V" and be good to go.

Dammit now that I'm talking about this V-neck I wanna try one again.
I just got a Dime o flame not to long ago, first dean and its ****in great, liscensed trem stays in tune even if i dive bomb to hell on it. i really wanted dean from hell but it was 100 more and it had the CHEAPER bill lawrence in it. so that sux, doesnt make alot of sense, but the dime o flame was all i had moeny for and was ONLY 400 on sale at GC, so i figured half price was a great deal and took it home.
Quote by beefin'guitar
I just got a Dime o flame not to long ago, first dean and its ****in great, liscensed trem stays in tune even if i dive bomb to hell on it. i really wanted dean from hell but it was 100 more and it had the CHEAPER bill lawrence in it. so that sux, doesnt make alot of sense, but the dime o flame was all i had moeny for and was ONLY 400 on sale at GC, so i figured half price was a great deal and took it home.

So basically you got the guitar with the Dimebucker instead of the guitar with the L500xl? The L500xl completely tears the Dimebucker to pieces.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Don't worry about it! I've had my chops busted many times before. Just not on Deans.

I noodle around in guitar stores but I usually end up buying something. I play obnoxiously loud sometimes too.

How do the V necks play? Great. The best neck I've ever played. The neck is quite big so if you aren't into that stuff then stay away.

Lol yeah, believe it or not I hadn't even heard of Deans up until I played that one lol. But since then I've gotten into following my influences like a stalker, and have learned a ton of new stuff lol.

I seriously can't play loud w/o headphones. Like in my room sure, crank it! But I get really annoyed in GC when people do, so if I want to push a tube or something I bring my headphones lol. Granted I usually can't hear what anyone is saying for awhile, but I know other people would get super annoyed with me lol.

And I wish I could buy some crap every time I went to a shop lol, but my parents wouldn't let me get a job last summer and had already bought me an Alverex. So I was pretty much spent up on the musical front (my dad supports me with music, my mom, not so much, so it's gonna be hard to justify $700 on a guitar with her, but sh'll havta deal. My money, I do with it what I want.)

Yeah I've heard like amazing things about the V neck. I'm hoping to get to play one when I go to pick up my amp this summer.
Quote by edusty2010

And I wish I could buy some crap every time I went to a shop lol, but my parents wouldn't let me get a job last summer and had already bought me an Alverex. So I was pretty much spent up on the musical front (my dad supports me with music, my mom, not so much, so it's gonna be hard to justify $700 on a guitar with her, but sh'll havta deal. My money, I do with it what I want.)
Yeah I've heard like amazing things about the V neck. I'm hoping to get to play one when I go to pick up my amp this summer.

lol when i read that i thought of the commercial " IT'S MY MONEY AND I NEED IT NOW!!!!!" lol but yeah i do the same stuff go to guitar center just to get an idea on what i want and what to save for.
Quote by WishIHadAGibson

Quote by edusty2010
Lol yeah, believe it or not I hadn't even heard of Deans up until I played that one lol. But since then I've gotten into following my influences like a stalker, and have learned a ton of new stuff lol.

I seriously can't play loud w/o headphones. Like in my room sure, crank it! But I get really annoyed in GC when people do, so if I want to push a tube or something I bring my headphones lol. Granted I usually can't hear what anyone is saying for awhile, but I know other people would get super annoyed with me lol.

It's not the same. You need to know how the valves react to the speaker and what not.

The Dean V neck is a love/hate thing. I doubt many people have played one in this thread! They're only on real Deans, not the cheap stuff.

The Razorback has a V neck but it's different than the original ones.

Plus, a lot of these guys are Dean oglers.

I kid, I kid.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
i'm too poor to play a "real" dean as you say lol. i will stick with my imports...
Quote by WishIHadAGibson

Quote by panterarulz8119
i'm too poor to play a "real" dean as you say lol. i will stick with my imports...

You aren't too poor to play them, you're just too poor to own one.

Good luck finding a Time Capsule or a Lost 100 series guitar. Stores never get them in. Unless you order them of course!

The imports aren't bad guitars. The only gripe I have with them is the Dean tribute ML guitars. They're basically just the '79 series guitars with a beefed up price tag.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Yeah currently anything much more than a grand is WWAAYY too expensive for me, so I'm kinda stuck to the imports (and some of those are out of it for me! lol) But I'm hoping that maybe for a graduation present my parents will take mercy on me and get me a USA lol

But hell even if I don't get one I'll probably end up with quite a few, I really plan on sticking with guitar and Deans at that. I'm hoping after a few years of being out of college I'll be able to get something custom made to my specs, that would be hella nice!
planning the same thing. yeah i will never lay my hands on a usa unless i order it. nobody in hicktown stockes them lol
Quote by WishIHadAGibson

Quote by panterarulz8119
planning the same thing. yeah i will never lay my hands on a usa unless i order it. nobody in hicktown stockes them lol

Exactly. I had to start dealing with the fact that I'm not going to see a Dean USA until I go somewhere just to see it, and if not then, after I get the box in the mail with wings

I really would like to play a USA though, they're just way out of my price range right now . No matter much you wish it did, desire doesn't equal money. So until I get a steady paying, good job (when I finish college) I won't be able to afford my personal Dean

But I figure I have something to look forward to
a bit +1 on that one man well spoken.
Quote by WishIHadAGibson

Yeah I'm always trying to look towards the future and set goals for myself. Especially with my guitar, I wanted to learn how to alternate pick about a month after I started, and I gave my self a month. Now I can hardly only down pick! Currently I'm working on my technique overall, legato, and sweep picking. I'm actually just starting to get sweeping, and let me tell you it is already starting to appear in little licks I make up on the fly, it truly is an awesome technique. Legato I'm really only having trouble in the fact that when I leave a string, I get the open note, I'm not really sure what I'm (not) doing but I'm experimenting now.

And technique, well, I'm starting to catch myself more. I really notice it when I'm practicing sweeps with a metronome (no one is too good for one! It helped me immensely in a few days! And they're FREE on the internet people!!!) and I start slowing down. Then I start over, and correct myself, and continue. It's starting to feel a bit more natural, and I know it will make me better so I'm working at it.

Wow... Talk about rambling! lol

EDIT:

I should include that when I get that open note from legato it's because I'm NOT picking, at all. Even string changes, and so I leave a string and it sounds. When I pick atleast one note on each string I get a really good sound though. Any suggestions? lol
Last edited by edusty2010 at Mar 12, 2008,