Page 5 of 15
Quote by edusty2010
Yeah currently anything much more than a grand is WWAAYY too expensive for me, so I'm kinda stuck to the imports (and some of those are out of it for me! lol) But I'm hoping that maybe for a graduation present my parents will take mercy on me and get me a USA lol

But hell even if I don't get one I'll probably end up with quite a few, I really plan on sticking with guitar and Deans at that. I'm hoping after a few years of being out of college I'll be able to get something custom made to my specs, that would be hella nice!

You'll probably grow out of the whole Dean thing. I know lots of kids who were all fanatic about Deans only to drop them for Jacksons or ESP guitars.

That's the problem, a lot of kids buy Dean guitars because they look cool and are appealing to them. After a few years though, their tastes grow, as does their abilities and then they realize their Dean *insert whatever guitar* won't cut it. Either it's too flashy or too bulky or the guitar is too heavy or the V neck is too thick on the upper registers or the licensed tremolo isn't cutting it.

I knew 5 guys with Dean guitars in my city. 4 of them got rid of the guitars 2 years later for those very reasons.

I'm the only one who kept mine.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
lol yeah i'm the same i havent left dean in 2 years. although i sure would love an upgrade
Quote by WishIHadAGibson
You know youre a guitar player when you try to match the pitch of your guitar with a vacuum cleaner...

...mine's a Bb by the way...

OFFICIAL "DEAN PLAYERS UNITE" PLAYER #1
I've got the Dean MLX in Braziliaburst finish. I love it even though its only 200 dollars. I realized its basically a 79 without the painted neck, mahogany and different neck think( I think its set? ). The tuners may or may not be different but anyway I was wondering if anyone else has any opinions on the guitar. Im basically a beginner but I know 1 solo and half of 2 other solos. I learn a lot of rhythm stuff and I don't always alternate pick unless its open or requires it. Lots of people at Guitar Center have given me compliments and so have my friends. Basically I was just wondering the opinion on the guitar. I'm hoping for a new amp because mine sucks. I want to get a Roland or Randall.
Quote by ThrashJeremy
I've got the Dean MLX in Braziliaburst finish. I love it even though its only 200 dollars. I realized its basically a 79 without the painted neck, mahogany and different neck think( I think its set? ). The tuners may or may not be different but anyway I was wondering if anyone else has any opinions on the guitar. Im basically a beginner but I know 1 solo and half of 2 other solos. I learn a lot of rhythm stuff and I don't always alternate pick unless its open or requires it. Lots of people at Guitar Center have given me compliments and so have my friends. Basically I was just wondering the opinion on the guitar. I'm hoping for a new amp because mine sucks. I want to get a Roland or Randall.

I think the Dean X series guitars are great for what they are. Great for the price too.

They aren't really anything special to me though.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
same. as hatebreeder. (sorry dude dont feel like typing the numbers haha) but anyways go for the randall dude
Quote by WishIHadAGibson
You know youre a guitar player when you try to match the pitch of your guitar with a vacuum cleaner...

My thread die?? where did everyone go?
Quote by WishIHadAGibson

ordered blue prints for razorback v 255 gonna build it in summer
Lazer LG-180A
Dean Razorback V 255 @ 18v MOD
Bugera 6262-212
ATH-M50
Vox amPlug Metal
Boss TU-80
Boss ML-2
RZBK V 255 build <5%, ideas>
OFFICIAL "DEAN PLAYERS UNITE" PLAYER #2
BUGERA USERS MILITIA...One of the first owners...
Awezome blueprints. My friend got one of those 600 dollar Razorback V's and he loves the tone so much. God I want an amp so bad. My report cards coming back but I got one D. Lets hope I get some money for an amp.
I got a Dean Vendetta XM about a year ago. Its a pretty good guitar for the price.

Really light too.

I really want to get a Razorback though. My local guitar shop has one (actually it has a bunch) that I want.
Quote by 3rd Eye
Hey guys razorback standard v's are selling cheap at musicians friend. They're being discontinued (the 2 tone and explosion and the rest will still be available).

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Dean-Razorback-V-Standard-Electric-Guitar?sku=511852

If you want one of these nows the time to buy em.

Is the 255 still going to be available??? I hope so, I was considering one if I really liked it and could rack up the cash over the summer.

Eh, well, I suppose I could always go with the CFH, or buy the MLK and get a few pedals...
Quote by 3rd Eye
Hey guys razorback standard v's are selling cheap at musicians friend. They're being discontinued (the 2 tone and explosion and the rest will still be available).

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Dean-Razorback-V-Standard-Electric-Guitar?sku=511852

If you want one of these nows the time to buy em.

Good. Those things are ugly anyways.

Like every other Razorback.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
So yea thanks for answering my question on most of the first page!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wow...I didn't know there were so many deaners on this site
I have a yellow devil and a Performer 7 string

Quote by edusty2010
Haha I'm still here!

I got the news today on easter my dad and I are driving my mom and sis down to the airport in columbus (they're going to florida) and we're gonna be able to stop at GC!!! So I totally get to play some more guitars I can't afford

sweet!
Quote by WishIHadAGibson

Quote by EARNEST
ordered blue prints for razorback v 255 gonna build it in summer

let us know how it goes
Quote by WishIHadAGibson

Quote by edusty2010
Is the 255 still going to be available??? I hope so, I was considering one if I really liked it and could rack up the cash over the summer.

Eh, well, I suppose I could always go with the CFH, or buy the MLK and get a few pedals...

I don't think they are really being discontinued just a major price drop to move stock. musicians friend does that sometimes
Quote by WishIHadAGibson

Quote by bpas41
So yea thanks for answering my question on most of the first page!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol no prob
Quote by WishIHadAGibson

wow...I didn't know there were so many deaners on this site
I have a yellow devil and a Performer 7 string
QUOTE]
wow dude those are really nice. one luck guy.
Quote by WishIHadAGibson

I have a Dean DOA ML 04 that is just insane. I would post a picture if I could, also there are only 50 of these guitars ever made so im proud to say I have #31.
Quote by HAMMETTOWNS
I have a Dean DOA ML 04 that is just insane. I would post a picture if I could, also there are only 50 of these guitars ever made so im proud to say I have #31.

sweet. guessing ur a member of the dean forum then eh?
Quote by WishIHadAGibson

Quote by panterarulz8119
sweet. guessing ur a member of the dean forum then eh?

He could've picked it up on Ebay.

I bought a new Dean.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
yes i know this but most of the time ppl in doa sel theirs to other forum members so i made an assumption. if i'm wrong then oh well no harm done lol
Quote by WishIHadAGibson

Quote by panterarulz8119
yes i know this but most of the time ppl in doa sel theirs to other forum members so i made an assumption. if i'm wrong then oh well no harm done lol

Here, you'll get a kick out of my new Dean.

Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
wow man that things nice. no floyd though..
Quote by WishIHadAGibson

Quote by panterarulz8119
wow man that things nice. no floyd though..

I don't need a Floyd.

I don't need to impress people with stupid whammy tricks and dime squeals.

I'm just yanking your chain.

I don't like stringing or tuning OFR guitars so I stay away from them.

Except for my Rhoads and Ibanez, but my Rhoads is out of commission and I'm selling the Ibanez.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I don't need a Floyd.

I don't need to impress people with stupid whammy tricks and dime squeals.

I'm just yanking your chain.

I don't like stringing or tuning OFR guitars so I stay away from them.

Except for my Rhoads and Ibanez, but my Rhoads is out of commission and I'm selling the Ibanez.

ahh icic. lol i actually like setting up floyds. i find it entertaning to waste my time lol

that's a razorback case isnt it.
Quote by WishIHadAGibson

Quote by panterarulz8119
ahh icic. lol i actually like setting up floyds. i find it entertaning to waste my time lol

that's a razorback case isnt it.

Perceptive!

Yes it is.

Not a lot of people could tell something like that.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Hey guys! I actually took a trip down to columbus today and got to play my future amp

But there were no good deans at guitar center I really wanted to play the MLK or atleast another '79 but they didn't have any, not even in the back

Does anyone know if Guitar Center is like trying to get away from Deans or something? They had like probably 5 there, the best being a CFH Dean from hell (not USA). This just struck me as odd, and I was really hoping to be able to PLAY an MLK before I bought one...
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Perceptive!

Yes it is.

Not a lot of people could tell something like that.

why thank you lol.
Quote by WishIHadAGibson

Quote by edusty2010
Hey guys! I actually took a trip down to columbus today and got to play my future amp

But there were no good deans at guitar center I really wanted to play the MLK or atleast another '79 but they didn't have any, not even in the back

Does anyone know if Guitar Center is like trying to get away from Deans or something? They had like probably 5 there, the best being a CFH Dean from hell (not USA). This just struck me as odd, and I was really hoping to be able to PLAY an MLK before I bought one...

sweet man. yeah i dont know either my gc only keeps a couple in stock. everytime they get a good dean it sells out on them
Quote by WishIHadAGibson

Quote by edusty2010

Not all Guitar Centers have the same stock.

Go to different ones in your area and see what they have.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by edusty2010
Thats the closest to me and it's about an hour drive gas isn't too cheap either

dude i have the same problem and the no dean part too. are you like my neighbor lol
Quote by WishIHadAGibson

hatebreeder-that is a nice ml, i must say i am quite jealous atm
Quote by gbinder
hatebreeder-that is a nice ml, i must say i am quite jealous atm

thank you! I think it's pretty cool.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by edusty2010
It is a really nice ML man!

I'm hoping maybe GC will have more Dean's in stock there next weekend. If not I guess I could always go to Sam Ash down the street lol. Hopefully I'll get to play a quality one again, I played an XM today, for less than $200 it was nice tho lol.

Probably not since guitars stores usually stock monthly.

I'm not a big fan of the cheaper Vendetta guitars.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster